About Grassroot Soccer:
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is an adolescent health organization that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize at-risk youth in developing countries to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities.
GRS connects young people with the mentors, information, and health services they need to thrive, and empowers adolescents to make educated choices about pressing health challenges such as HIV/AIDS, sexual health, gender-based violence, and malaria. Our evidence-based programmes, led by trained local mentors, incorporate soccer into dynamic lessons about health and wellness that engage young people and break down cultural barriers. With proven results and a constant focus on research and innovation, GRS has reached over 1.9 million young people in nearly 50 countries with adolescent-friendly health education. We have offices in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia as well as the United Kingdom and United States. This post is for Grassroot Soccer Zambia.
The Administration and Human Resource Assistant is responsible for receiving visitors, mails incoming calls and manning the front desk at the GRS Lusaka Office. The Administration and Human Resource Assistant is the first point of contact for the office. She/ He will be responsible for ensuring that visitors are welcomed and feel comfortable as well as ensuring that all incoming calls are answered timeously. The Administration and Human Resource Assistant is also responsible for general office and HR administration. She/ He will work closely with all staff at the office and provide assistance and information regarding office matters.
Receptionist duties and responsibilities (40 %)
- Front Desk and Administration Support
- Greet clients, visitors and guests as they enter the office
- Answer the switchboard, transfer calls to appropriate people or take messages and relay them timeously.
- Provide information about GRS to callers over the phone and in person.
- Ensure reception area is kept clean and tidy.
- Monitor office supplies, stationery and ensure grocery is bought timeously.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Arrange the courier of documents.
- Assist with travel arrangements when required
- Liaise with other departments and provide admin and clerical support if required.
- Maintain a good relationship between GRS and various service providers including but not limited to cleaning, office stationery suppliers, travel agent, caterers, etc.
Finance and HR Support (30%)
- Assist with and answer questions and inquiries from employees regarding issues and if unable to assist, direct to Finance and Operations Officer
- Assist the HR and finance with any ad-hoc administration tasks as and when required.
- Assist the finance department with procurement in ensuring that all procurement requests and payment requests are properly supported by valid documentation as per company finance and /or procurement procedures
Operations Support (30%)
- Assist with managing the inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Assist with managing various matters related to purchasing and procurement of goods and services for HQ and all sites.
- Assist with any ad-hoc administration tasks as and when required.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate
- A diploma Public/Business Administration/Human Resource Management or any other relevant qualification
- Registration with ZIHRM required
- At least 2 years work experience in Admin and HR required
- Good communication skills and must be fluent in English and another language
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and with capacity for maintaining high professional standards
- Advanced information technology skills: ability to use relevant software packages is an advantage
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team
- Valid Driver’s License required
If interested send your applications and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered at Plot Number 37679, Off Twin Palm Road, Ibex Hill by 19/01/2018, 17:30 hours. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.