CARE is an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia under the GIZ funded Food and Nutrition Security and Enhanced Resilience (FANSER) Project in Katete District of Eastern province is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced professional for the position of:
PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER – Data Entry
Location: Katete District, Eastern Province
The Program Support Officer – Data Entry is responsible for the management and maintenance/updating of the FANSER Project database and all project records. S/he is responsible for data collection, data entry, storage/retrieval, filling and reporting on all project interventions to ensure availability of updated data. S/he will accurately transfer data from a variety of sources including written and recorded reports onto the project database, review and correct existing data and regularly (monthly) update the database.
Specific deliverables, responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinate with other project staff and partners to ensure documentation and collection of all project data from the field.
- Ensure all project data from a variety of sources is entered systematically, timely and accurately into appropriate fields, records, files and the project database
- Effectively manage and regularly (monthly) update the project database ensuring that all project records are in place, properly filed and up to-date
- Work with the M&E Officer to organize and validate all project data, conduct data analysis and produce project reports
- Comply with security backups and regular checks to ensure data is saved and stored properly ensuring that project information and identities of project beneficiaries are well protected.
- Perform any other duties which are consistent with the nature of the job and its responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience-:
- Degree or Diploma in Statistics, Computer Science, Business Administration, Demography, Development Studies, Sociology, Public Health/Nutrition or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university or college
- At least 1 – 2 years experience in data processing with demonstrated computer skills in office packages, extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly of Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to organize and manage data and maintain computer systems up to acceptable standards, work independently with large amounts of numerical and written data.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, excellent attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness of information and maintain high levels of confidentiality
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is a Katete based position and only persons resident in Katete District or with own accommodation in Katete need to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs, with day time telephone numbers should be sent to email@example.com. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing Date: 22nd January 2018