Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is hiring a Regional Sales Supervisor for the DISCOVER-Health project in Zambia. The Regional Sales Supervisor will be responsible for distribution and promotion of pharmaceutical and health products to selected target outlets in a defined geographic region. S/he is expected to work with the National Sales Manager to ensure market-level strategic and business objectives are met by the sales team. S/he is will identify and coordinate with target outlets (i.e. retailers and businesses) to ensure that products are of high demand. The Regional Sales Supervisor will be based in Lusaka
- Lead regional team by providing clarity of Project goals and prioritization of activities and resources. Proactively co-ordinate and inspect sales activity and effort among Sales Detailers under him/her, ensuring that the quality and quantity of sales effort meets the projects expectations for the territory.
- Positively impacts the performance of individual sales team members by implementing and managing field support, territory planning and customer communication tools.
- Track sales and ensure accurate and timely reporting on product sales and sales revenue per the project’s credit and sales manual.
- Carry out demand creation activities for the full range of health products to increase awareness and demand for commodities among the target populations. Implement detailing, merchandising and promotional activities in outlets and ensure high in-store visibility for optimal sales performance.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a territory Trade Marketing plan that should meet the requirements of brand portfolio, merchandising and promotions particular to Area Trade Marketing objectives.
- S/he will manage and maintain key customers/accounts. S/he is expected to build and maintain strong relationships with distributors, wholesalers, retailers, community-based distributors, public and private health facilities, and others to ensure distribution targets are met and product satisfaction is high.
- Coordinate with business partners, including distributors, retailers and outlets in the target geographic area to ensure they receive efficient and effective services from the project.
- Impart crucial trade knowledge and ensure that retailers, distributors, and other outlets have adequate knowledge about product use and application, including knowledge of information outlined on product packaging and inserts and use of applicable promotional materials.
- Collect market information & feedback at the consumer and point-of-sale level to better inform project activities and optimize product marketing.
- Other activities as requested by project leadership
- Minimum Diploma in Marketing and sales or any other business related course
- At least three years’ experience in handling health/medical products pharmaceutical and health industry in Zambia
- Willing to relocate to Lusaka at own cost
- Experience in handling distributors
- Proficiency in English and any other two local languages
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to drive a manual vehicle
- Priority will be given to candidates residing in the districts of office location i.e. Lusaka
- Willing and able to travel at least 50% of the time to remote areas around the country
- Only Zambian nationals will be considered.
Interested? Please submit your CV through the Palladium International Careers Page.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applications Close Date: 25 Jan 2018