SANDVIK CENTRAL AFRICA seeks:
Site Manager – SEOB
The Site Manager will be responsible for the commercial and financial contract management, technical, overseeing the maintenance effectiveness, SHEQ and effective leadership of a multi-cultural and diverse service team responsible for the operations of the Sandvik underground fleet on site.
The Site Manager will also be responsible to manage the Site through contract optimization and growth, customer relations, resource availability; rendering a service to the client according to OEM and Service Contract obligations / requirements.
Key performance areas
- Oversee and manage various sub-projects on site such as Operator development, Mine Automation and Optimization.
- Mentor and train identified staff to ensure staff development is maintained and succession goals are met.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of the ISO 18001, 14001 accreditation and compliance at the Contract site.
- Plan and secure resource availability – technical, administrative, finance, logistics, equipment, parts and tools.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical).
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in mining and related equipment maintenance / engineering of which:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with Sandvik products;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in contract management / project management;
- Minimum 4 years’ maintenance management practices / systems as well as commercial contract management practices and business experience.
- Computer literate with proven computer skills.
- Sandvik product knowledge with primary focus on Mine Automation and Optimization.
- Strong technical background across engineering disciplines.
- Fitness for underground and surface mines (Silicosis Certification).
- Planning, organizing, business and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Account management experience.
- EIZ Membership.
- Valid driver’s license.
Location: Zambia – Centre
Who may apply
All applicants outside Central Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions. Notice period on all positions is 1 month from date of resignation, unless otherwise agreed to by managers. In order to qualify for one of the vacancies advertised, employee needs to have completed at least one year service in their current role.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on +260 212 241 000.
Applications close: Thursday, 25 January 2018
Job Reference No. 357142
Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the Zambian population.
Deadline: 25 Jan