Position Purpose & Summary:
Southern Africa represents a key market in Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN) MEA’s growth Strategy within Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) Region. This role is responsible for the execution of our growth agenda in the region with a specific focus on micro-nutrition and New Products Services and Solution (NPSS). In alignment with our CAN MEA strategy the Sales Manager will focus on the development of our business with large/medium distributors or feed-producing companies.
Responsible for developing and executing medium/long-term sales plan. This role will deliver a significant/ moderate business/ financial impact in terms of Margin as well as footprint in the market.
50%- Growth agenda
- Aligns our value proposition to the customer needs based on segmentation and differentiation.
- Works hand-in-hand with the SMT organization to meet our organic growth targets through NPSS and additives.
25% – Market approach
- Continuously seeks, identifies, suggests and implements ways to grow the business and improve margin in a growing but medium performing market environment.
- In alignment with our CAN MEA strategy, specific focus in the development of our business with large/medium customers.
- Deep understanding of local markets supporting CAN MEA development plan in the area.
- Proactively analyses competitors capabilities
20% – Value proposition
- Creates and develop a “partner of choice” relationship with our customers by creating and delivering distinctive value solutions with a link between needs, benefits and value offering (Cargill Sales Framework execution).
- Supports customers’ needs through effective collaboration of CAN MEA functions (SMT, Supply Chain, RMS, etc..).
- Creates a strong connection between nutrition products/ services and our ingredients business as well as a strong connectivity on capabilities with other locations in CAN MEA region and with CASC Zambia in the area to leverage advantages of Cargill Inc.
- Provides first-line technical support to ensure a basic nutritional dialogue.
5% – Business impact
- Delivers a significant/moderate business/financial impact in terms of Margin as well as footprint in the market.
- Set up and executes a medium/long-term sales plan to support our organic growth in the region.
- Structures thoughts, actions, financials in a structured reporting format that can be shared cross functionally.
- Relevant education (Animal Nutrition/Veterinary Science) or having relevant industry experience – MUST HAVE
- >5 years of progressive sales management experience.
- Proven track record of delivering business growth in premix/ nutritional solutions.
- Deep understanding of local/ regional market dynamics.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter and team player.
- Structured approach to day to day activities
- Ability to operate within a matrix organization.
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and priorities.
- Commercial and negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Data and financial result Driven.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.