Exciting Career Opportunity
Ecobank Zambia is a full service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its 7 branches.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required Human Capital, we are currently looking for experienced professionals in the following area:
COUNTRY HEAD INFORMATION SECURITY
REPORTS TO: HEAD – OPERATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY
To provide highly skilled, specialist services to provide information security and Business Continuity Management at the Country level and to represent Group Information Security strategies at the Country Level.
- To Act as a Country Head of Information Security and represent the wider Group Information security strategies at the affiliate level.
- Serves as an Internal Information Security Consultant to the Bank
- Monitors compliance with information security policies and procedures, referring exceptions to Country Head of Operations & Technology and the CISO.
- Works closely with Group Security to implement security initiatives for the affiliate on behalf of Ecobank Group
- Liaises with regulatory agencies to address the banks security and compliance issues
- Liaises with contractors and service providers to ensure that all activities are in line with the Banks Information Security Policy
- Provides direct Information Security Awareness training and oversight to all employees, and other third parties, ensuring proper information security clearance in accordance with established bank information security policies and procedures
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness within the Bank
- Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment program targeting information security and business systems. Recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation.
- Perform information security risk, vulnerability assessments and serves as an internal assessor for security issues
- Develop and implement an incident reporting system to address security incidents, respond to alleged policy violations from staff, contractors and external parties
- Provides guidance and direction for the physical and logical protection of Information Technology resources to other functional systems
- Reviews all system-related security plans throughout the bank’s network
- Conducts investigations on security breaches, report findings and make recommendations to Executive Management
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained
- Serves as a coordinator of the Banks Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Reviews security logs on critical servers and communicate exceptions to Executive Head, IT and Operations
- Establishes a reporting process to ensure that Executive Management is kept appraised of the effectiveness of Information Technology Security and problem resolution.
- Be a local champion at the affiliate level for Business Continuity Management, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management.
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences or relevant field
- Industry Certified Security Professional
- Relevant Security Experience, at least 5 years in Information Security field.
- Experience of Managing Projects
- Experience of Managing Team’s Performance
- Ability to work in a Multicultural Environment
- Proven track record of achieving results and managing teams.
- Ability to build rapport with VPs and Cluster/Regional Managers
- Constructively manage all stakeholders and break barriers
- Ability to build and lead effective and successful teams
- Analytical thinker combined with skills of thinking outside the box
- Ability to effectively use technology to leapfrog the competition
- Withstanding pressure without it having effect on efficiency or quality
- Open to change and ability to create and drive change
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, send your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae including copies of your academic qualifications to either:
JHRZambia@ecobank.com or Country Head Human Resources
Ecobank Zambia Limited
P.O Box 30705
Envelopes must be clearly marked with the role that you are applying for, please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The closing date for receiving application is 16th February 2018.