Requisition Number: 502858
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Adhere to safe working procedures for all work areas and keep a good safety culture.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for your subordinated, including on- going training and development, performance management.
- Ensure your team’s work is of the highest quality with minimal to no re- work, all work areas are free from hazards and maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure maximum equipment availabilities.
- Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical, electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs to the trucks, while training subordinate employees.
- Repairing equipment, identifying and scheduling future planned repairs.
- Work closely with Planners and contribute to preventative maintenance and continuous improvement going forward.
- Ability to use Root- cause analysis tools in investigating breakdowns and sub- standard performance of equipment.
- Perform inspections on completed jobs.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy duty industry.
Experience & Skills:
- Electrical Trade Qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in heavy mechanical/ electrical equipment.
- Solid experience across a broad range of large mining equipment: Liebherr trucks, Komatsu trucks and trolley assist pantographs.
- Experience on Electric Drives AC/DC, Control and automatization, Software and hardware and Networking.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership and good skills with ability to delegate and share tasks.
- Good understanding of production and maintenance strategies for large- scale continuous operating mineral mining equipment.
- Experience with work permit systems and safe work procedures to control maintenance activities and manage hazards associated with mining industry.
- Follow the FQML way – bolder, smarter, driven.
- Bolder, smarter, driven.
- Ability to mentor subordinates.
- Very good problem solving skills.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time