Requisition Number: 502876
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi), Solwezi
Categories: Engineering, Mining, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Performing requested repair work in a productive and efficient manner
- Conducts Equipment inspections for mechanical services
- Performing Oil Changes & Quick Lubes in an efficient manner
- Perform schedule maintenance services on plant equipment
- Light Duty Repair work – Wipers, Air & Cabin Filters
- Providing the Service Advisor with an estimate of any additional repairs needed
- Demonstrates good service skills.
- Check and replace various filters
- Write work orders.
- High School diploma
- Must have at least 1 years of experience as an Oil Change Technician
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- Knowledge in some aspects of repair and maintenance
- A fast learner with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a helpful Team Player
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work station
- General knowledge
- Good Mathematical and Reading skills
- Ability to learn new technology
- Ability to learn new Service techniques and procedures
- Craft certificate will be an advantage
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time