Location- 65% Lusaka Based and 35% Field based
Line Manager – General Manager and Business Support Coordinator
This is a unique opportunity to work with an innovative and ambitious organization which plans to sell solar lights at scale across Zambia, bringing electricity through solar to rural households and reducing reliance on candles and fuels such as kerosene.
SunnyMoney is a social enterprise, wholly owned by SolarAid, an innovative, fast-growing organization working in Malawi, Uganda and Zambia which focuses on business based solutions to poverty. Our goal is to eradicate the kerosene lamp in Africa by the end of the decade. For all countries this means a substantial scaling up of operations. We believe our goal is achievable by creating a genuine solar lighting market by ensuring anyone can gain access to clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
We are looking for an energetic, quick thinking and enthusiastic Agent Coordinator with the ability to recruit, facilitate, train, and work with small scale and large scale solar agents. The successful applicant will be interested in learning about solar energy and the SunnyMoney operations. They will be creative, adaptive and able to work independently with up to 6 months in the field at a time.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in business, marketing, communications or other related field
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Organized, hardworking and flexible
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Field work experience with the willingness to spend up to 6 weeks in the field
- Experience in Report writing, presentation, managing communications with people from different educational, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Effective time management and planning
- Good IT skills (Excel and Word)
- Work experience in sales or customer service and project delivery
- Passion and enthusiasm for SunnyMoney’s social goal and the work it does
- Has worked with a budget and can implement and follow a work plan
- Willingness to work in a rural setting
- Local Languages useful
Job Description and Duties
- Manage budget and all costs related to the field work
- Overall project management for multiple agent programs
- Responsible for all money spent and money collected
- Manage Driver/Project Assistant
- Responsible for managing and overseeing all agents and shops related to SunnyMoney and the follow up
- Carry out marketing, agent surveys and M&E as required
Sales and Marketing
- Facilitate trainings and train potential agents and shops
- Organize meetings and find participants for trainings by working with local NGO’s, Government offices, ministries, Corporate Partners and local organizations
- Support agents and shops by teaching any staff that need to be knowledgeable about SunnyMoney lights
- Follow up with agents, shops and participants of trainings on a weekly basis
- Direct selling, including sale days
- Do peer training and education as needed
- Plan and deliver trainings on how to become an agent and how to use and care for solar lights
- Manage consignment of agents/shops with the support of the account.
- Plan schedules and have them approved in a timely manner, this includes trips, trainings, meetings, etc
- Liaise with agents/shops and verify that they have enough stock when and as needed
- Conduct stock stocks as needed in the field and office
- Data input
- Follow up revolving fund money and debt collection as needed
- Follow up phone calls with customers
- Design and implement a contact spreadsheet of all calls
- Accurately record sales of solar lights on a daily spreadsheet, including consignment
- Paperwork surrounding faults and replacements
- Record and handle agent orders and keep track of these orders and their payments
- Write monthly and quarterly reports of lessons learned, what is working well, what can be done better (some specific to donor funding)
- Perform any other related duty as required
To apply for this position, please verify that you have all of the qualifications and skills before sending in your CV. Please highlight your previous experience working with project management, a budget, and sales. Please ensure that your cover letter is no more than 1 page and your CV is no more than 2 pages in length and that you only send it through one time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only short-listed people will be contacted.