Data Entry Clerk – Short Term x20
Akros establishes data-driven and technologically appropriate systems to improve the health and well-being of disadvantaged communities. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the service delivery systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions. In water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH) Akros has revolutionized M&E in sub-Saharan Africa by developing a village level surveillance system that captures live, real-time data and drives information back down to key stakeholders and change agents through robust feedback loops. The Akros team has also applied these same principles to develop the systems for monitoring cross-sectoral health and development programs at the community level.
Akros provides database maintenance and support for a USAID-funded project that tracks girls aged 10-24 through HIV-related service delivery programs and mentorship. 20 data entry clerks are needed to complete data entry on individual participants from paper forms into the electronic database. Training on use of the database and computers for the duration of data entry will be provided.
- Complete data entry of individual records within a web-based database
- Proper maintenance and storage of paper records during data entry
- Inform project managers when data quality issues arise
- Maintain confidentiality of any information entered
Desired Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
- Bachelor’s degree*
- Type at least 60 words per minute (may be tested when interviewed)
- Prior experience in health information management systems such as District Health Information Systems 2 (www.dhis2.org) or other digital data collection and aggregation systems
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of personal integrity
Location, Term, Remuneratio
This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia with potential for travel to Ndola and/or Chingola (lodging and per diem will be provided). This position is a short term contract worth a total of 15 days between April 1 and May 31, 2018 which may not be consecutive in nature. A daily rate of K600 will be provided for each full day of work. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Applications are due no later than April 13, 2018. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to email protected with “Application: Temporary Data Clerk” as the email’s subject line. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.