TITLE: Senior Knowledge Management, Data Demand, and Use Advisor
REPORTING TO: Project Director, Zambia
STARTING SALARY: Depends on qualifications and experience
LOCATION: Lusaka, Zambia
ASSIGNMENT LENGTH: 2 years, depending on funding
The Population Council confronts critical health and development issues—from reducing unintended pregnancy and preventable maternal and newborn deaths, and curbing the spread of HIV, to enhancing access to quality care and ensuring that young people lead full, productive lives. Through social science, public health, and biomedical research in 50 countries, we work with partners to deliver solutions that lead to more effective programs, policies, and technologies to improve lives around the world.
The Population Council is seeking a Senior Knowledge Management, Data Demand, and Use (KM/DDU) Advisor to help strengthen the Government of Zambia’s national Health Management Information System; strengthen the research capacity of individuals and institutions in key governmental and non-governmental partners; and expand the evidence based to health programming for malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV prevention. This position is responsible for providing programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen the knowledge management and data demand and use for all levels in the public sector. This person will play a key role in the success of the research uptake for the research and evaluation conducted through the project, including the identification, management, packaging and dissemination of key information related the HMIS system, health research and monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead and support learning events, produce resources and guidance, and facilitate the uptake of improved practices related to the major health themes of this initiative: malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
- Build national, provincial, district, and facility-level demand for and ability to use HMIS data for evidence-based programming
- Work with a broad range of stakeholders to support the use and dissemination of HMIS data and research and evaluation results to key policy and decision makers
- Provide technical support to develop strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, identify data needs at all levels, and build capacity to implement tools and approaches through trainings and workshops.
- Supervise project technical staff to ensure knowledge management and data utilization become inherent in stakeholder institutions.
- Travel to project sites as needed, to provide managerial and technical support to staff, counterparts, and government agencies.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in public health, social sciences, statistics, health informatics, knowledge management, or a related area
- At least ten years of experience in knowledge management and data utilization for health research, evaluation, monitoring, and HMIS
- Demonstrated successful experience developing and implementing knowledge management strategies and capacity building from the national to the facility level to improve the demand for and ability to use HMIS data
- Ability to conceive of, plan, and lead a world-class knowledge management strategy to reach a range of stakeholders with timely, quality, and actionable information
- Provide technical support and capacity building to USAID, the government of Zambia, and other key stakeholders to meet the objectives of this initiative
- Ability to communicate technical data and information (including health research methods and statistical analyses) to non-technical audiences
- Ability to develop and carry out dynamic, relevant trainings on knowledge management and organizational learning
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders
- Experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Ability to travel within the country and occasionally internationally
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can complete the application by clicking on the apply button below.
Application deadline is Monday, 14th May, 2018.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambia.jobsportal-career.com as the source of this job advertisement.