The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Agriculture, business management, marketing, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language:National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
The World Food Programme (WFP) Zambia is seeking a motivated self-starter to lead the Scaling-Up Nutrition (SUN) Business Network in Zambia. The candidate will serve as operational and strategic lead for the Network, and will help to guide programme development and implementation Business Network.
The candidate recruited for this engagement will be responsible for ensuring expertise is applied across the private-sector related nutrition programming objectives of WFP and its respective GRZ partners. The role will be primarily responsible for leading the planning, design and implementation of the major initiatives of the SUN Business Network Zambia Strategy and carrying the initiative beyond the life of the strategy.
The candidate’s primary tasks will relate to the implementation of the SUN Business Network Strategy. This includes:
1.Develop a strong SUN Business Network brand and membership.
- Expand engagement of private sector members who have potential to make high-impact contributions to improving nutrition in Zambia.
- Provide strategic recommendations and support to carrying out of regular networking activities, workshops and other events.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the SUN Business Network advisory group.
2. Increase commercial engagement in the nutrition market
- Identify and act on strategic opportunities for SBN to support private sector members to increase contributions to nutrition
- Develop and share relevant and up to date nutrition market information with members of the SUN Business Network, through research, stakeholder interviews and field trips.
- Develop practical tools and templates to share with SUN Business Network members in order to support their nutrition activities and future plans.
3. Improve the nutrition regulatory environment
- Support national development efforts around policy-level tools that have potential to improve nutrition for all Zambians.
- Liaise with relevant government stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure that all policy level recommendations fit within the country’s regulatory frameworks and that the SBN activities contribute to the priorities of the SUN movement in Zambia.
4. Manage SUN Business Network team and ensure all staff are contributing to work plan and overall mission of WFP
- Support the CO in linking programmes and projects to potential key private sector partners and or stakeholders.
- Manage key external partnerships and relationships (both local and international) of the SBN to ensure that they are leveraged to expand the growth of the network.
5. Carry out other tasks, as required, to support the day-to-day activities of WFP’s engagement with the private sector on nutrition in Zambia.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least 5 years’ experience in a project management,with proven results in achieving programme milestones.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a private company working on sales or marketing of foodstuffs.
- At least 2 years’ experience within an NGO or UN agency in a role that focuses on linking private sector and Government within the food or nutrition space.
- Practical experience in business strategy and business processes
- Experience in managing a cross-functional team.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to receiving application 20th May 2018.
This position is open to Zambian Nationals Only.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambia.jobsportal-career.com as the source of this job advertisement.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.