The National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA) wishes to recruit for the positions of Information Technology Auditor and Transport Supervisor to be based at Head Office.
Interested applicants who meet the required competences are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidates will be expected to have demonstrable competencies relevant to the respective job and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
2.0 Transport Supervisor (01): NPS05
2.1 Main Purpose of Job
The purpose of the position is to coordinate transport for NAPSA by supervising transport staff and fleet management.
2.2 Key Responsibilities
- Review the transport policy from time to time and makes recommendations to update the policy in order to enhance responsiveness to changes in the business environment and regulations;
- Coordinate the acquisition of licenses and insurance for vehicles and boats to enhance compliance with the relevant regulations and laws, and to minimise risks to NAPSA;
- Coordinate fitness tests for vehicles and boats to ensure the vehicles and boats are suitable for use in NAPSA business, and to prevent safety risks to NAPSAstaff;
- Respond to vehicle break downs on a 24 hours basis, assess faults, and verify repairs done by garages to ensure the repairs are of high quality to minimise breakdown recurrences;
- Coordinate the purchase of fuel for pool vehicles to ensure minimal disruptions to business operations due to unfueled vehicles;
- Issue topped up fuel cards in line with the NAPSA procedures and policies, and analyse fuel consumption to ensure efficiency in the utilisation of the administration budget for cost management purposes;
- Assesses motor vehicle availability, develop trip schedules, and uses the schedules to assign vehicles and drivers as per received trip requisitions.
- Coordinate the servicing and fueling of the NAPSA station’s Gensets to ensure minimal disruptions to business operations due to power outages;
- Prepare annual maintenance plans and advice on projected budget for inclusion in the administration budget, to ensure allocation of resources critical for the implementation of the annual maintenance plan;
- Coordinate preventive maintenance activities to ensure minimal breakdowns for enhanced cost management;
- Prepare monthly maintenance and transport reports to ensure challenges in the provision of transport services are identified and appropriate strategies identified and implemented to address the gaps;
- Recommend vehicles for purchase and disposal to support informed decisions on the utilisation of NAPSA resources.
2.3 Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with Credit or better including English and Mathematics;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transport Economics, Automotive/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Advanced Diploma; or tailored training in fleet management/logistics management added advantage;
- Not less than three (3) years of experience at a similar position in an organisation of similar size.
Your application letter should be accompanied by a CV and copies of relevant certificates and should also specify your contact address and telephone number(s).
Application letters should be addressed to:
Director Human Resources and Administration
National Pension Scheme Authority
Levy Business Park
P. O. Box 51275
The closing date of receipt of applications is Monday, 21st May, 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
BE SMART, SECURE YOUR FUTURE