The Finance & Grants Officer is required for an anticipated Support to Implementation of Zambia Elections (SIZE) Project under the Zambia Accountability Programme (ZAP).
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
This post is one of several making up the British Council ZAP Programme Team. The Officer will report to the Finance and Resources Manager and will be stationed in Lusaka, Zambia. The role requires generic financial and organisational skills Specific duties will include:
- · Setting up of accounts, recording all income and expenditure, variance, divergence and procurement in line with international best practices, British Council and European Union requirements
- · Facilitating reporting of European Union finances in line with international best practices, and programme quality standards and for delivering on value for money
- · Facilitating financial forecasts and budgets are accurately and realistically costed and managed effectively, including monitoring of project expenditure and income projections.
- · Ensuring timely and effective financial support services to the Programme Team, to facilitate efficient, effective programme delivery.
- · Accountable for timely consolidation of budgets and financial reports for all European Union sub-grantees under SIZE.
- · Implementing financial guidelines for SIZE in line with the Contract between the British Council and the European Union.
- · Ensuring corporate Financial Control and Compliance Framework (FCCF) is followed and meetings are held in line with the corporate standard and schedule.
- · Supporting and advising on programme-wide compliance with British Council and European Union financial management, contract management, procurement and other key standards and policies
- Performing any other task assigned by the Finance and Resources Manager or any other person designated by him/her.
- Other departments within BC offices
- Colleagues across the directorate, cluster and in the region.
- Country Director and Senior Management team
- Suppliers and service providers
- Customers, clients and agents.
- Existing and prospective suppliers;
- Legislative and commercial committees and tax agents;
- External auditors and Banks.
For further information, please view the documents below:
Applications for this vacancy are to be made online. The closing date is 13 May 2018 at 23:59 UK time
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. British Council appointments are contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and where appropriate systems exist overseas, these include Criminal Records checks.