Farm Forestry Consultant
- Education: A minimum of B.Sc. in Forestry or equivalent.
- Relevant M. Sc. is a plus
- Language: Fluent in English (both speaking and writing),
- Knowledge of Bemba and Lamba are strong pluses
- Experience Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in the forestry sector (private sector) and working in collaboration with small-scale farmers;
- Development-related experience (either study or work) is a plus
- Skills: Excellent management, coordination, training, reporting and communication skills
- Responsibilities: Set-up and lead socio-economic and ecological resource assessment for Katanino Forest reserve.
- Therefore, the consultant should be armed with technical information about (agro)forestry, but also with socio-economics of smallholder farmers with trees as a business and its benefits at
micro level in land use (intercropping, revenue).
- Implementing Farm Forestry Projects at district level
- Communication between Project Manager, Farmers, Forestry Department amongst other.
- Organising socio-economic surveys to assess baseline and follow-up
- Organising and delivering training among farmers at the district level
- Organising the selection of the pilot and lead farmers
- Advising and supervising nursery establishment, tree planting and other forestry activities
Duty station & duration:
- From Rainlands’ offices, Kitwe, though with extensive travelling in the project area. Consultant has to be willing to reside in remote areas part-time (Katanino Forest Reserve)
- Duration of 3 months, starting in June 2017; Upon positive evaluation: possible to work as employee for 2 extra years.
- Remuneration: Approx. 8,000 ZMK monthly gross salary (all included)
Interested? Contact Dr. De Beenhouwer (Matthias.debeenhouwer at weforest dot org) with your full CV and motivation letter by the 20th of May.
Please restrain from applying if you do not meet the above criteria.