SANDVIK CENTRAL AFRICA seeks:
Parts Sales Support Representative
You support Sandvik customers by actively promoting and selling Parts & Services, with a view to expand sales, and to support Sandvik’s customers in as many aftermarket businesses opportunities as possible.You know the ins and outs of underground mining and you know your market. With the technical insight to perceive what your customer needs, you are a confident and enthusiastic salesperson. You’re a team player, live and promote a culture of safety, and you thrive under pressure.
Key performance areas
As the Part, Sales, and Service Representative you will represent the product line in the Sales Area. This will be achieved through managing and supporting all direct business, as well as, dealers in regard to after-market sales and service and exploring new business opportunities. This role is product support focused and concentrates on providing guidance and advice on the implementation of support strategies for the product range to our direct businesses and end customers in the Sales Area and to help ensure the growth of our after-market business.
The Parts, Sales and Service Representative will:
- Manage the forecasting process of area sales as well as integrate the tactical and operational horizons of company business plans.
- Work closely with the Key Account Manager and Customer Service Representatives to provide supply contracts, recommend spare parts, proposals, etc. to our business network and identify areas of opportunity
- Assist customers with finding new ways to expand our product base on key account visits
- Manage business portal and business warranty on a monthly basis to ensure all purchased inventory is moved to prospective direct business
- Assist customers and end users in high profile demos and start ups
The Parts, Sales and Service Representative will be expected to be in the field visiting businesses up to 60% of the time.
You possess an Associate’s Degree (or two-year college diploma) in engineering, technical or business field or equivalent experience, along with 5 years’ industry related experience. Familiarity with underground mining equipment is highly desirable. You have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, along with a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity. You are resilient, love challenges, and thrive under pressure, with a strong sense of self-motivation and a passion to win.
The Parts, Sales and Service Representative should also possess:
- Strong CRM and Salesforce
- Strong customer service focus
- A high level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office, CRM tools, QlikView
- Ability to assess and manage business risk
- A wide network of contacts within the industry
Location: Zambia – Centre
Who may apply
All applicants outside Central Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions. Notice period on all positions is 1 month from date of resignation, unless otherwise agreed to by managers. In order to qualify for one of the vacancies advertised, employee needs to have completed at least one year service in their current role.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on +260 212 241 000.
Applications close: Thursday, 17 May 2018
Job Reference No. 358954
Sandvik is committed to representivity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the Zambian population.