First Quantum Minerals Ltd
Requisition Number: 503264
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Engineering, Mining, Health & Safety
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Track critical machine faults and take appropriate action as laid down in the procedures. Understanding various machine faults is critical to this function
- Track speeding events and report to the appropriate Mine Captain/Supervisor
- Track Pantograph faults and report to the High Voltage Section.
- Track all faults reported in the Alert Response Database – event type, time, machine and personnel reported to
- Learn the use of Fleet Management Systems (Wenco/Modular that will assist the Dispatch Safety Controller in performing his/her tasks effectively)
- Learn Maintenance Dispatcher functions and act in the position while he/she is out of the office
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate with at least five passes
- Diploma or Degree in any IT related field
- Demonstrable Computer Skills
Experience & Skills:
- Exposure to Open Pit Mining Operations
- Must be in possession of a light vehicle driving license
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with people of different cultures
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- Unquestionable integrity
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time