Unilver Jobs in Zambia : Channel Category Development Assistant
- Company: Unilver
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Channel & Category Development Assistant (CCD) reports directly to the Channel & Category Development Manager. The CCD Assistant plays a critical role in supporting the CCD in a strategic and operational role. The strategic element is to implement the marketing (Category) plans into a channel and customer specific plan, with guidance from the CCD and working jointly with marketing to ensure internal strategies are externalised.
From an operational perspective, the role is central to the day to day tasks of the category. CCD Assistant will support the CCD on S&OP (Demand Forecast), managing BBT Spend budgets and cascading a clear brief & KPI’s by 6P’s for the CD team to execute i.e. distribution tracking, pricing & innovation. They work closely with other sub-functions within Customer Development (Account Management, Shopper Marketing, Trade Category Management and Operations) as well as across large business functions (Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain).
- Assist with executing category planning through developing quarterly and monthly category plans across Assortment, Shelf-layout, Promotional strategy, Price positions
- Help focus category management on the target shopper within strategic framework as set in National Category Building Plan
- Support the annual account Joint Business Planning process through data analysis and opportunity identification
- Support new product introduction for listing
- Run customer specific category management projects
- Use and leverage account specific category and shopper insights
- Execute brand standards (brand DNA) and support development and execution of channel specific brand standards
- Implement customer marketing plan activities
- Ensure product availability and visibility
- Measure and review category performance
- Provide support to Account Manager in monitoring and analyzing retail margins and customer profitability
- Drive shopper thought leadership that increases, develops and sustains Unilever and Category growth opportunities.
- Drive Shopper Mission and Shopper/Channel understanding in all plans, activations, and innovations that deliver long-term consumer behavior change, incremental sales and build brand equity.
- Leads execution of shopper based plans that are rooted in shopper and consumer insights aligned to brand/category objectives.
- Work closely with key internal / external stakeholders to execute shopper marketing activities against key objectives.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in category development, sales and marketing within FMCG
- Experience in Point of Sale Activations – customer marketing
- Undergraduate degree required.
- B.Com preferred. *Marketing, Financial majors added benefit*
How to Apply