- Company: ZICTA
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Responsible for undertaking administering the planning and execution of the Universal Access & Service Fund (UASF)
- Leads the identification, prioritization and preparation of rural Universal Access projects, in line with Government policy;
- Develops and implements project appraisal criterial and funding mechanism for consistency application;
- Develops and executes UASF strategy and operational manual;
- Develops and implements UASF Annual Plans and Budget;
- Identifies and publishes the Fund’s priority areas or designated areas annually;
- Identifies and prepares UASF projects plan;
- Disburses funds in accordance with established rules and procedures and maintains proper records of all disbursements;
- Identifies investment opportunities to grow the fund and recommends to the Board various low risk investment instruments;
- Undertakes periodic performance monitoring of all Universal Service providers in order to ensure that performance of the provider meets levels of required output;
- Engages with key stakeholders on UASF and liaises with operators involved in Universal Access and service projects;
- Develops mechanisms to ensure smooth Fund management and efficient delivery of service; and
- Prepares periodical reports to update on performance of the Fund;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Zambian national with full grade twelve (12) certificate or its equivalent.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Project Management, Telecommunications etc.
- A Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Projects Management and/or MBA from a recognised University will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Experience in the Communications Sector, in particular, Postal, ICT, and Broadcasting services.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in Projects management and Finance in the ICT sector.
- Experience in fund management will be an added advantage.
- Member of relevant professional body with current practising certificate.
- No criminal record.
- Strategic thinker
- Project Management
- Communication and presentation excellency
- Good negotiation skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Proficiency in Finance Management
- Results focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Closing date: 21-05-2019