The National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA) is a body corporate established under the National Health Insurance Act No 2 of 2018. The Act’s primary mandate is to provide for sound financing for the national health system in order to provide universal access to quality insured health services to all Zambians.
In fulfilling this mandate, the Authority now requires the services of;
Role: Accreditation & Inspection Manager (01 )
The role will be responsible for accreditation of health care providers in order to ensure members have access to insured health care services. It will also be responsible for on-going inspection and audits of health care providers’ premises and facilities in order to ensure adherence to set standards and protocols.
The primary responsibilities ofthe role will be;
- To communicate accreditation criteria and guidelines to all health care providers;
- To accredit health care providers in line with the NHIMA set guidelines and criteria;
- To conduct on-going inspection of health care providers’ premises, facilities and general infrastructure in order to ensure adherence to set standards;
- To maintain and update the list of all accredited health care providers;
- To conduct periodic medical audits and performance reviews of all accredited health care providers;
- To supervise a team of staff in the Department;
- To recommend for immediate remediation for all identified service gaps and follow up on the same;
- To proactively meet all health care service providers to discuss, resolve or receive proposals for process improvement;
- To receive, investigatee and determinee complaints by members and accredited health care providers; and
- To perform any assignment as may be delegated from time to time.
- The role will require extensive travel within Zambia as part of stakeholder engagement.
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including Mathematics and English Language
- Must be a registered Medical Doctor with a practising certificate from the Health Professions Council of Zambia.
Relevant Experience and other Attributes;
- 4-5 years of experience in a similar role,
- Must be familiar with accreditation protocols,
- Must have a valid class ‘C’ driving licence,
- Must good oral and written communication skills,
- Must be computer literate with good MS Office applications skills, attention to detail,
- Must have excellent analytical skills, and
- Must have demonstrated management skills.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Director General,
National Health Insurance Management Authority,
P.O. Box. 31772,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 14th August 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clearly write the position you are applying for on the envelope.
NHIMA is an equal opportunity employer