- Company: Stalwart Investments Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Stalwart Investments Limited is a reputable construction company in Lusaka that is looking for a competent and experienced General Manager to coordinate managers’ schedules ensuring each person completes their work in the correct order for the project to progress efficiently. Reports to the Chairman of the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate managers’ schedules ensuring each person completes their work in the correct order for the project to progress efficiently.
- enforce safety rules and make sure all workers have the right tools, equipment and materials to get the job done correctly.
- interface with trade professionals, such as stonemasons and carpenters, and regulatory officials such as government workers and lawyers.
- obtain the necessary permits and required variances and manage the details for several projects at once.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Experience in either a General Manager’s role or as a Regional / Divisional Director for a large Contractor
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams encompassing Commercial, Construction and Pre-construction functions
- Experience of strategy development
- Experience of change management and evolving strategy into workable solutions.
- Ability to develop strategies and plans which align to the business plan
- Ability to contribute and deliver at a strategic level and deliver results to achieve targets
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to customer satisfaction through achievement of quality
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of current Construction matters, trends and best practice
- Ability to drive margin improvements through structured efficiency programmes
The successful candidate will be confident in leading the business and steering the company to the most profitable position while implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. It’s critical you have an all rounded experience and must possess the requirements below:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, construction science, construction management or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- At least 15 years of experience with 3-5 years in managing a construction business (preferably Infrastructure)
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Active leadership skills, good team player and able to be hands on whenever needed to
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to