- Company: DAPP Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of Project Intern (2) on a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) sponsored project, operational in Southern and Central Provinces. The project’s focus is on supporting Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC’s) through integrated household and community approaches.
The internships are tenable in Central (Kabwe) and Southern (Choma) province of Zambia
INTERNSHIP TITLE: ZAMFAM Project Support Intern
Location: Central and Southern Province with occasional travel to the project sites within the Province Project Areas.
Project/Department: DAPP ZAMFAM
Reporting Relationship: Deputy Chief of Party
Description: DAPP ZAMFAM Project seeks a Project Support Intern to support the implementation of project activities related to:
- Strengthening household linkages and referrals to and uptake of ART treatment, HIV prevention and referral services: The intern will work in collaboration with the District Coordinators, Project Leaders and Stakeholders to improve referral and follow-up systems involving community structures under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Strengthening Community Structures: The intern will participate in the identification of training needs for community level structures and strengthen their leadership and coordination skills.
The project support Intern will:
- Be attached to a Project Leader and learn the assessment for graduation as well as case plan management for guardians, OVCs, Adolescents and Youth.
- Be part of the project team involved in the strengthening of community level structures.
- Support the functionality of the already developed structures for sustainability in collaboration with government community structures such as the CWACs and the Community Development Assistants.
- Contribute to the promotion of HIV prevention activities in youth clubs and anti-AIDS clubs, condom outlets, referral, GBV, etc
- Strengthen his/her knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism in supporting developmental projects such as OVC projects.
In addition the Project Support Intern will be responsible for:
- Assisting Project leaders and Coordinators in the mobilization and involvement of Action groups in the pass-on-the-gift activities and also review of current materials for good content
- Support the objective and goal of the ZAMFAM project.
- Compilation, documentation of success stories.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Required skills include:
- Basic knowledge of project management, curriculum development, social work, community development techniques as well as writing and reporting.
- A degree in related field of study and knowledge of computer packages.
How to Apply
Qualified persons should submit a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), to:
Human Resources Officer DAPP in Zambia – ZAMFAM Project
Plot 27 Lukanga Road, Amaka House, Kabwe
Copies of certificates and other credentials must be attached together with the application letter.
For email applications, the position title must be indicated in the subject area of the email.
The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and the applicants full names must be used as the file name for the document.
The closing date for receiving applications shall be 24th January, 2020.
Local residents of the areas where the internships are tenable are particularly encouraged to apply
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer