Purpose of the role:
- The driver must ensure that mobile transportation of equipment and needful movement of items is done in a save and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Do inspections on mobile equipment and accessories to identify defects that can compromise the safe operating such equipment.
- Do thorough inspections on lifting devices and identify defects of such.
- Ensure that you are aware of the loads to be transported and/or lifted.
- Identify work areas and ensure the safest travelling and positioning of the truck to perform lifting and loading tasks.
- Inspect the integrity of Man lifting equipment to ensure safe lifting of combined loads, (people and tools).
- Basic maintenance on the hydraulic crane-like greasing of pins & jibs and the swivel point.
- Be able to inspect lifting equipment and identify defects to ensure no defective slings or equipment is attached to hydraulic crane hook when performing a lifting task.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your fellow employees
- Be accurate, methodical, and practical when performing tasks.
- Follow laid down policies and procedures as outlined by management.
- Compliance JSA’s, Work Procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and safe working environment is maintained
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by enforcing cleaning up before, during and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the workplace
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Valid driver’s licence on medium-heavy vehicles.
- 3 years’ experience preferably in the mining industry.
- Proven knowledge and experience on driving practise, road ethics, road rules and regulations.
- Trained and certified to operate the applicable mobile equipment.
Behavioral Traits & Skills:
- Be able to work under pressure and maintain good work standards and safety regulations.
- The ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude.
- Detail Orientation.
- Problem Solving.
- Team player.