The World Bank
NATIONAL ROAD FUND AGENCY
Republic of Zambia
IMPROVED RURAL CONNECTIVITY PROJECT
The Government of the Republic of Zambia is implementing the Improved Rural Connectivity Project (IRCP) with financing from World Bank’s IDA. The National Road Fund Agency (NRFA)is the Project Implementing Entity and is expected to manage the credit on behalf of the recipient, including financial management such as preparation of payments, financial audit, financial reports, as well as progress reports.
IRCP is a big project being implemented by seven Government Institutions with huge dispensable amount which will involve a lot of financial transactions over the project lifetime.
Therefore, it has become necessary for NRFA to seek services ot a tull time accounting staff who will be dedicated to carry out financial transactions exclusively for IRCP in order to ensure that payments are done timely and financial reports are prepared and submitted as and when demanded or are due for submission.
- a) Reporting Lines
The Accountant will be reporting to the Manager-Road Fund (External Resources) – NRFA, who will in turn report to the Director Fund Management of NRFA. The Accountant shall be based at NRFA Headquarters but will work closely with both NRFA and the IRCP Secretariat in the execution of the expected tasks.
- b) Required Qualifications and Attributes
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Must posses at least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Full ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia or equivalent
- At least three years practical experience in managing cooperating partners project finance such as World Bank, AfDB etc.
- Sober character with high levels of integrity and honesty
- Must be a member of ZICA
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- c) Contract Period
The duration of the contract is three (3) years subject to renewal.
- d) Duties
The following are the activities that the Accountant is expected to perform during the tenure of the contract.
- Payment Processing
Preparation and compilation of payment runs and submit to Manager-Road Fund (External Resources) for review and onward submission for necessary approvals. This will be done as follows:
- a) Capture transactions (receipts, payments, journals) in Sun System;
- b) Match and allocate payments;
- c) Process entries;
- d) Submit for signing mandates;
- e) Submit/or follow-up with banks;
- f) Provide remittance advisory;
- g) Obtain receipts;
- h) Filing of Project documents;
- i) Prepare withdrawal applications for direct payments, documentation, and replenishment of the Designated Account.
- Finance Services
Imprest handling, retirements and Bank deposits
- a) Support the servicing of project meetings and events as assigned by Manager-Road Fund (External Resources),
- b) Timely follow-up on retirements of imprest;
- c) Perform banking errands and all bank deposits;
- d) Obtain and capture receipts, payments, and journals into Sun System;
- e) Provision of documents and records to internal and external auditors and other;
- f) Assist with month-end closing.
- Other Tasks
- a) Prepare monthly Payment Status Reports including payment timelines;
- b) Prepare the Project Quarterly Financial Report;
- c) Prepare quarterly control 99 monitoring tool,
- d) Prepare the Project Financial Cost Tables and update monthly;
- e) Prepare for the Financial Audit of the Project;
- f) Perform Account Bank Reconciliations;
- g) Assist in preparing Annual Budgets;
- h) Follow-up on Lhe implementation or procurement plan and highlight to Manager-Road Fund (External Resources) areas where there are delays;
- i) Assisting, supporting and liaising with members of the Project Implementing Unit (PIU); and
- j) Assisting with the administrative of high performance programmes (logistics, activity workplans and budgets development and other general office administration).
Only candidates meeting the above requirements should apply to:
The Director – Corporate Services
National Road Fund Agency
P O Box 50695
Plot 33 Fairley Road
Kindly note that all copies of professional and academic qualifications should be certified as true copies of the original and enclosed together with a cover letter and up-to-date curriculum vitae with three traceable reference.
Closing date for submissions of applications is 14th September 2020. Soliciting and lobbying in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.