OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
OPENING DATE: SEPTEMBER 7, 2020
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
SALARY: A competitive package will be offered to successful candidates on annual contract basis.
The Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions listed to be employed on a one-year contract basis.
VOLUNTARY MEDICAL MALE CIRCUMCISION (VMMC) PROVIDERS (8 POSITIONS)
Location: Chipata, Katete, Petauke, Lundazi, Sinda, Chipangali, Mambwe & Chasefu
Job Purpose: To provide targeted and quality VMMC services as part of HIV prevention among the target populations (15-25yrs) in order to meet COP20 PEPFAR and national targets.
- Create demand for VMMC services focusing on the target populations (15-25yrs).
- Undertakes to provide quality and safe VMMC services with the barest minimum Adverse Events as closer to the people as possible.
- Manages effectively and promptly, any Adverse Events (AE) resulting or associated with MC Procedure ensuring that the EA does not adversely affect the program.
- Ability to effective health education to clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and local language is required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with facility, district, provincial, national and international working partners and to prepare written reports.
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches is required.
- Strong knowledge of HIV prevention, care and treatment is required.
- Ability to write and produce performance reports is required.
Required, Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) credits or better including Mathematics, Science and English
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing.
- Certificate in VMMC is an added advantage.
- At least Three (3) years relevant job experience.
- Ability to write technical papers and analytical report
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their credentials to:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata attaching the following:
- A formal application letter or cover letter;
- A current CV;
- Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
Ministry of Health
Provincial Health Office, Eastern Province
P.O Box 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata