Chief of Party – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP), Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded program Zambia.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) Activity is to facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western and Muchinga Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes.
- Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation and compliance with USAID regulations;
- Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts;
- Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by client;
- Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners;
- Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national, and municipal levels.
- Master’s degree or higher in international development, water supply and sanitation, water resources management, civil engineering, economics, public administration, or another relevant field.
- At least 10 years of professional experience working on, designing, and/or implementing projects related to water sector governance and finance, WASH systems, private sector development, government and civil society accountability and municipal service provision, or other related fields including extensive experience in large donor-funded program management in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- At least 5 years managing development projects with large teams, and engaging with government representatives and project stakeholders on a large-scale (>$20 million) donor and/or USAID-funded projects;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and partners and a demonstrated ability to integrate content from multiple disciplines and sectors;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of water utility performance and management;
- Experience in planning missions and coordinating logistics for team members;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills required;
- English language fluency (oral and written) and previous experience in Africa, preferably Southern Africa, is required;
- Qualified Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
- CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/COPZambiaGIP
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.