Deputy Chief of Party – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP), Zambia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position on a USAID funded program in Zambia.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) Activity is to facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western and Muchinga Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes.
- Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision and management to staff for successful implementation;
- Support the Chief of Party in all aspects of implementation to ensure deliverables and compliance.
- Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with other donors, local organizations and local government counterparts;
- Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by the client;
- Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners;
- Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and municipal levels.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in international development, public administration, business management, water and sanitation, water resources management or other relevant disciplines;
- At least 10 years of professional experience implementing projects related to governance and service delivery, particularly within the WASH sector;
- At least 5 experience leading technical teams and activities for large-scale (>$20 million) donor and USAID funded projects;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and partners and a demonstrated ability to integrate content from multiple disciplines and sectors;
- Experience in planning missions and coordinating logistics for team members;
- Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills required;
- Experience working with a regulator and/or water utilities preferred;
- English language fluency (oral and written) and previous experience in Africa, preferably Southern Africa, is required;
- Qualified Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
- CV/Resume in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/DCOPZambiaGIP
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.