Position: Monitoring and Evaluation DATA OFFICER – 1 Positions
The Data Officer works under the direct supervision of the District Dreams Coordinator and will work to support the Data Entry Clerks, Mentors, Connectors, Clinical and Technical persons in M&E related activities in the Dreams Districts. She collaborates closely with other colleagues at various levels to provide data management support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- She will be responsible for ensuring availability of updated data capture and reporting tools at community and facility in the supported district
- The Data Officer will be preparing timely performance reports i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- The DREAMS data officer will be responsible for preparing dashboards to be shared with Senior management, Stakeholders in the district, and District staff for purposes of activity planning and implementation of dreams strategies in the district
- Support Dreams Coordinator and other local partner organization in preparing monthly and quarterly DREAMS report
- Conduct weekly meeting with community and facility based personnel to ensure data from their tablets are complete, synchronized and updated in project database.
- The data officer will provide technical support to district staff and maintain a log of all IT/Tablet related issues in the districts.
- The Data Officer will mentor connectors, mentors, facility data entry clerks in the functionality and utilization of the project electronic M&E reporting system (DHIS2 & tools).
- Work closely with M&E Managers to develop data management plans, standard operating procedures (SOPs) for data entry and management, enrollment of eligible AGYW and provision services to peer groups and ensure all program stages are kept updated.
- The Data Officer will monitor service layering at both facility and community and provide any needed support to peer group facilitator
- The Data Officer will be responsible for organizing monthly district performance improvement and coordination meetings in districts
- Ensure electronic devices & tablets are fully functional at all time for real time data entry by data entry clerks, mentors and connectors
- The Data Officer will be responsible for resolving all data related inconsistencies in monthly and ad-hoc data reports and databases submitted to HQ
- Perform routine data quality assessments (DQAs) and support all DREAMS evaluations
- Work Closely with MGIC Quality improvement teams and maintain an updated status log of all DREAMS QI projects.
- The Data Officer will perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor / Chief of Party.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in DREAMS work, use of DHIS2 tracker and event program modules for data entry and cleaning, data analysis and reporting is a MUST
- PEPFAR reporting experience with prevention indicators is a MUST
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
- Proficient with use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, Power BI & Tableau);
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of DREAMS Indicators, DREAMS Package and stepping stones is an advantage.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least two years’ experience in M&E for international donor funded projects, preferably including experience with DREAMS projects;
- A higher Diploma IMIS or equivalent qualification. A qualification in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) will be an added advantage.