Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the moving image, photography, game and digital design. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant Afrocentric practise. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
We are looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking Financial Head to join our Creative Arts academic institution. The Bursar will assist the Vice Chancellor in the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the university, be responsible for the development of a suitable Financial and Operational Strategy, monitoring of control systems designed to grow and preserve university assets, and to report accurate financial results. The Bursar will also assist the Vice Chancellor to accomplish statutory and mandatory responsibilities as required by law.
Responsibilities and Duties (As stipulated in the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013)
- Develop sustainable financial strategies and direct their implementation
- Mobilise, manage and distribute financial resources to meet budgetary requirements
- Responsible for year-end financial reports, financial statements, management accounts and investment appraisals
- Develop performance measures that support the university’s strategic directions
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of payroll and payment of salaries
- Train the finance unit and other staff on effective financial management practice
- Oversee compliance with university and statutory regulations
- Represent the university with investors and maintain a strong and healthy relationship with the banks
Qualifications and Skills
- ACCA, CIMA, ZICA, Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Honest, trustworthy and high in integrity
- Strategically and analytically minded with ability to manage all business of a university
- Ability to communicate well with all level of employees and management
- Well versed with risk management and Insurance matters
- ICT literate
To apply please send your CV with a motivational cover letter to the address below.
Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.
email@example.com / Attention: Open Window University Board / Application Deadline: 30 September 2020