Fresh green food is an incredibly significant component of a balanced diet. There are several options, and they can be easily integrated into meals. Some common green foods include avocado, spinach, collard greens, cabbage and broccoli.
The benefits of eating green
- Green foods are strong antioxidants that protect the body from both environmental pollutants and other foods we consume.
- Greens contain many nutrients that help protect the immune system and kill bacteria and viruses.
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, dark, leafy greens are important for all body functions and lower bad cholesterol.
- Vegetables, especially green ones, help to alkalize your body and keep your PH at a safe, stable level.
- The green pigment called chlorophyll increases the development of blood cells and enhances oxygenation, detoxification and circulation.
The top three green foods that you should include in your diet
One cup of fresh, raw spinach is filled with several main daily vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, folate, vitamin K, vitamin A, and vitamin C, and carries a good amount of fiber and protein. Glycoglycerolipids are compounds found in spinach-based plants and can help protect the digestive tract against damage and inflammation.
It improves your health by controlling blood pressure, has cancer-fighting properties, helps create strong bones, protects against heart disease, helps with vision, and is a major boost for the immune system.
The Granny Smith is the most famous green apple out there. Granny Smiths are sweet and crisp and juicy. They are rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber and potassium. They contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, and vitamin E that contribute to healthy, radiant skin. For an even greater intake of vitamins, eat the green apple flesh.
Apples improve your health by encouraging weight loss, controlling blood sugar, improving skin and teeth condition, as well as helping with digestion.
Mostly made of water, the sweet, clean, and refreshing cucumber is the ideal summer snack and has many vitamins and minerals recommended daily. There is vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin D, iron, calcium and magnesium in this hydrating fruit. Leaving the skin on offers an additional dose of immune-enhancing vitamin C, as an added bonus. You can apply a few slices of fresh cucumber to your bottle or include cucumber in your juice in the morning.
Cucumbers improve your health by rehydrating the body. They also replenish the vitamins that go missing through the day, have anti-inflammatory properties and help control blood pressure.
This content has been created as part of our freelancer relief programme. We are supporting journalists and freelance writers impacted by the economic slowdown caused by #lockdownlife.
. read more here.