CARE, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia is in the process of recruiting staff for the SUN II programme to support the implementation of the First 1000 Most Critical Days Programme in selected districts. The staff will be critical in the management as well as the operational and financial oversight of the proposed programme in the following positions:-
Kindly note that these positions are dependent on successful signing of the Partnership Agreement with the donor.
Provincial Program Support Coordinators – Finance (2) – Choma & Chinsali
The Provincial Program Support Coordinator – Finance will be responsible for the overall SUN II financial planning, management and reporting ensuring that all financial transactions are reasonable, allowable and allocated to specific cost categories. S/he will be responsible for managing and providing advisory to the program team on all aspects related to financial, procurement and administrative needs to ensure effective project implementation. S/he will also be responsible for the effective management and maintenance of financial information as well as production of all financial reports to account for and report on utilisation of project resources including production of monthly/quarterly financial reports to the donor.
- Manages day to day finance operations, including implementing CARE policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness
- Supports the Finance Manager in the preparation of field office financial reports and tracking of spending
- Provides updated, timely and accurate financial reports to Finance Manager, as necessary, and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information.
- Prepare CMP and donor reports.
- Assist in preparation of budget revisions or spend down plans for the project. Assists in the preparation of monthly financial spreadsheets, cash flow forecasts in accordance with appropriate procedures
- Manages the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from provincial and district field offices
- Act as the contact person for provincial level reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and support with Finance Manager to respond to any inquiries from the CMPs, HQ and donor.
- Perform data entry into the accounting software, ensure account, project, donor, activity codes are all correct.
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
- Participate in month end closure processes
- Follow up to ensure timesheets for provincial and district staff are submitted in a timely manner
- Participate in the internal and external audit of the Projects and institutional audit
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent in related field or professional qualifications such as ACCA and CIMA with 5 years of financial and program management experience
- Must be a paid up member of ZICA – Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Experience in managing donor-funded Grants programs
- Ability to work effectively as part of office team and coordinate with a variety of stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships
- Excellent and demonstrable writing and communication skills
- Excellent skills in computer applications
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to:
Closing Date: 30th September, 2020.
CARE International in Zambia is committed to Promoting and maintaining an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.