Operator of an agriculture farm.The farm operates 12,800 hectare of farm land located in Mpongwe and produces soya, wheat and Maize.Presently, the farm has 2,600 hectares of land under irrigation.
In our quest to expand our irrigation operations we intend to construct a dam to meet our irrigation scheme.
We now invite prospective bidders to bid for the construction of a dam for our Mpongwe Operations.
1.Somawhe Estates now invites sealed tenders from eligible contractors registered with the National Council for Construction of Zambia under General civil engineering works category’C’
2.The contractor should also meet the following minimal conditions:-
a) Evidence of past experience in similar works of same nature and complexity in the past three years
b) Proof of legal existence
c) Copies of valid tax compliance, VAT, TPIN etc
d) Adequate plant and equipment, Professional and technical staff
SCOPE OF WORKS
The works involve but not limited to the following:-
A) Construction of Kasutu Dam
- A 14m high zoned earth rock fill dam,stretching 93.432m crest lengthy
- 2No.2.5X2.5m diversion culverts to be later converted into bottom outlet for the dam
- Side channel Spillway with a concrete lined chute and plunge pool
C) Water Intake Tower
- Construction of a concrete intake tower approximately 12m high measured from the river bed level for abstraction of water for environmental flow, water supply and scouring
D) Access Roads and hardstand areas
- All earth works, surfacing and Murram surfacing for permanent access roads and construction of associated drainage structures
Interested Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the tender by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete set of tender documents can be obtained upon payment of a non refundable fee of K5000 per set of documents
The complete tender document in plain sealed envelope clearly marked ‘TENDER FOR CONSTRUCTION OF KASUTU DAM and a bid security of not less than 2% to be sent to the address below or via email provided above.