ZAMBIA FORESTRY AND FOREST INDUSTRIES CORPORATION LIMITED
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
ZAF-OT 007/20 REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE REVIEW OF THE ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation Plc (ZAFFICO) is a Forestry Company incorporated under the Companies Act CAP 388 of the Laws of Zambia. The Company is listed on the Lusaka Securities Exchange with the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) holding majority shares of about 63% and 37% shareholding being held by Institutional investors, ZAFFICO Plc employees and the general public.
The main business of ZAFFICO Plc is to establish and manage pine and eucalyptus plantations and also harvest and supply timber to the local market. Currently, ZAFFICO has an establishment of 357 permanent personnel in its organization structure and employees an overage of 2000 seasonal employees on a monthly basis.
The Corporation wishes to reposition itself in order to achieve the vision, goals and objectives as outlined in the Corporation’s 2020 – 2024 Strategic Plan. To achieve this, the Corporation has set aside funds for consultancy services for the review of the organizational struct ore and conduct a job evaluation with a view to strengthening its management and operational struct ures.
3.0 SCOPE OF WORK AND PROJECT SUMMARY
The Corporation is inviting firms/institutions to express interest to review the organizational structure and conduct a job evaluation. The organizational struct ure review and job evaluation will be as follows;
- Review of the current ZAFFICO Organisational Structure
- Review of the current job descriptions in the organization
- Review of the existing job grading and job classifications
4. OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main objective of the assignment is to comprehensively review the organizational structure in order to strengthen the Corporation’s management and operational structures in order to attain the strategic objectives os contained in the Strategic Plan. The organizational structure review is further aimed at re-aligning staff roles to the objectives and programs of the Corporation.
The specific objectives are to:
- Analyse the current organizational and human resource structure of the Corporation and propose the necessary changes in line with the Corporation’s 2020-2024 Strategic Plan
- Design the most appropriate and effective organizational Structure for the Corporation
- Develop a new salary structure with a clear, systematic salary progression and notch system with comparison to comparator organisations
- Develop a job description manual for use within the Corporation
- Review the current Performance Management System
- Make recommendations for the Corporation, defining in general terms the departments/Sections/Units and reporting patterns and relationships therein with a view to aligning them to the requirement of the Corporation
5. COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
ZAFFICO Plc now invites eligible firms/institutions to express interest to undertake the assignment described above. Interested firms must provide information to demonstrate that they ore capable and qualified to carry out a comprehensive review of the organization structure. The firms must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Extensive experience in carrying out similar assignments;
- Evidence of successfully accomplished previous similar tasks;
- Ability to provide own human resource, materials and logistical backups;
- Proven capacity and skill in carrying out the assignment and processing of huge amounts of data;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to follow tight work schedules and meet strict time lines.
6. PROCUREMENT METHOD AND ELIGIBILITY
The procurement method is Open National Selection. The firms/institutions once shortlisted will be issued with Requests for Proposals and evaluation of the firrns will be based on Quality Cost Based Selection (QC3S) method.
Therefore, TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL PROPOSALS MUST NOT be submitted at this stage.
Interested and eligible bidders may obtain further information from the office of the Director of Human Resource, ZAFFICO Headquarters, P. O Box 71 566, Ndola. The telephone numbers are 260 212 671 636/+260 977 14621 7 and the email address is email@example.com.
Duly sealed and properly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO CONDUCT AN
ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE REVIEW” documents must be deposited in the tender box at ZAFFICO Headquarters, P. O Box 71 566, Dola Hill, Ndola on or before 10:00 hours, 22nd October, 2020. Interested firms/institutions must submit one (01) original and three (03) hard copies of the Expression of Interest Documents.
The Expression of Interest submissions will be opened in the Boardroom at ZAFFICO Headquarters in Dola Hill, Ndola on 22nd October 2020 at 10:30 hours in the prese nce of bidders or their representatives who will choose to attend.
ZAMBIA FORESTRY AND FOREST INDUSTRIES CORPORATION PLC