The Republic of Zambia
MINISTRY OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL SERVICES
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – (INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
NAME OF PROJECT: GIRLS EDUCATION AND WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT AND LIVELIHOODS (GEWEL)-SUPPORTING WOMEN’S LIVELIHOOD (SWL) CONSULTING SERVICES-(INDIVIDUALCONSULTANT)
Credit No. 5658.
Project ID No. P151451
Duration of Contract – Two years renewable on satisfactory performance
- The Government of the Republic of Zambia with financial support from the World Bank is implementing the Girls’ Education and Women ‘s Empowerment and Livelihood (GE WEL) Project. The development project objective is to increase access to livelihood support for women and access to secondary education for disadvantaged girls in extremely poor households in selected districts.
2. The Project supports the expansion and potential reform of ongoing Government interventions through the following components:
Component 1 — Supporting Women’s Livelihoods (SWL): Launch a new initiative that builds on the Government’s existing structures and programs supporting livelihood productivity and economic empowerment;
Component2a -Keeping Girls in School (KGS): Provide suppoftto girls in households benefitting from the Social Cash Transfer Scheme (S CTS) to attend secondary school;
Component2b — Social Cash Transfer (SCT): Extend support to the KGS by providing cash incentives to cover costs not included in KGS, which is school and boarding fees, but affect the learning progress ofgirls; and
Component3— Institutional Strengthening: Provide institutional support to improve capacity for policy management, program coordination, systems building for effective and efficient implementation and M&E on women’s and social protection programming.
3. The Supporting Women’s Livelihoods (SWL) component is being implemented by the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services (MCDSS) to support poor women’s livelihood productivity and economic empowerment. It finances a comprehensive package of activities for beneficiaries, including context-specific training, mentoring, follow-up support and mentoring, provision of productivity grants, and facilitation of savings groups. These are detailed in the TORs.
4. The SWL through the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services is now seeking to engage a qualified individual with the necessary experience for the position of ProjectAccountant. The Project Accountant will support the Project Financial Management Specialist in ensuring the timely and accurate provision of accounting services to the project, including contributing to sound financial management of the project in line with GRZ and World Bank Guidelines. The Project Accountant shall further assist the Project Financial Management Specialist to ensure maintenance of financial records in appropriate order to meet the requirements ofthe World Bank and to facilitate classification and analysis of the financial information for monitoring project progress.
5. The Ministry of Community Development and Social Services now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services of the Project Accountant. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services prescribed above (Detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic Certificates, and Cover Letter).
The consultant shall have the following:
- BA in Accountancy/Full ACCA/C IMA/Z I MA professional or equivalent,
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate,
- Member ofthe Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants,
- Minimum of three years post qualifying experience,
- Knowledge and experience in World Bank financial Management and disbursement guideli nes,
- Excellent communication skills, and
- Good Numerical and computational skills.
- Computer literate:
- Confidentiality, and
6. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Banks Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (‘Consultant Guidelines”) (Current Edition)
Interested consultants may obtain further information including the full Terms of Reference (TORs) and Job Descriptions for the consultancy either via email or in person at the address below:
The Procurement Specialist,
Ministry of Community Development and Social Services (MC DSS),
GEWEL Project – Supporting Women’s Livelihoods (SWL),
Sadzu Road, Community House, SWL Project Office,
Tel: +260 977 709246
08:00 hours – 16:00 , Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Expressions of Interests must be delivered in a sealed envelope and clearly marked “Expression of Interest— Project Accountant – SWL’ to the address below in person by Friday, 9th October 2020 at 17:00 hours.
Ministry of Community Development and Social Services
Located on the Ground Floor, Community House, Sadzu Road
Next to the Ministerial Conference Room,
Tel: +260 977 709246/0974 377451