Part of 260 Brands Africa, Seba Foods (Z) Ltd is an African consumer goods manufacturer based in Zambia.
We provide ‘value-for-money’ products that consumers can trust and feel good about. The company`s products have become household names in Zambia, priding themselves in very high-quality products through well-known brands such as Golden Goodness, Emilios and Instant Thobwa.
We manufacture, market and distribute reasonably priced consumer products inspired by local tastes, made from the best African raw ingredients that contribute to our consumer’s well-being.
Our local brands that are trusted and loved by our consumers are the most valuable asset we have. Our products must always be high-quality and a source wellness and pride.
We empower local farmers and small businesses by locally sourcing inputs and materials whenever we can.
We believe in creating mutually beneficial relationships. If we prosper, so should our consumers, employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
Reporting to Quality Manager, the Quality Controller plays a critical role in implementing and enforcing the quality management systems developed by the Quality Manager at 260 Brands, from receipt of all materials, to processing, packaging, distribution and products on the shelf. The overall aim of the Quality Controller is to contribute to the departments efforts to minimize and extinguish quality complaints, contribute towards HAACP and ISO certification (among others),, and ensure wastage is minimized to improve company profitability,
- Monitor and control quality assurance of whole value chain in collaboration with production supervisors and other relevant staff in the designated plant according to quality management systems in place, including but not limited to SOPs on batch code, weight of product, personal hygiene programs, pest control programs, cleaning programs, product receiving programs, receiving inspections, wastage control, sweeping plan, etc.
- Conducting tests and sampling on 260 Brands products to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Record keeping and filing of test results, incoming raw materials and other quality management system procedures
- Monitor and report on any wastage occurrences in plant
Key Qualifications & Requirements
Minimum of 3 years, preferably in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) industry.
Education Level: Grade 12 certificates, Diploma
Qualifications: Quality Control, Food Science
Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Good Command in English Language, Nyanja and Bemba
- Personality: Self-motivated, Completing tasks on Time.
- Solving Problems and Getting Results
- Accept responsibility for resolving a problem to its final conclusion
- Assist in the achievement and the on-going improvement of business results
- Show dissatisfaction with poor performance and drive processes to achieve business goals
- Strive to achieve agreed deadlines and standards, especially when the going gets tough or the anticipated situation changes
- Apply a systematic problem-solving approach to identify causes, explore alternatives and recommend the best course of action to resolve the problem now and into the future
- Remain up to date in your area of specialty or expertise
- Apply a body of knowledge and experience to current business situations in order to add value and improve business efficiencies and profitability
- Apply technical or specialist expertise and experience for the benefit of the organisation and consider the context in which these are applied
- Ensure that your functional expertise supports that of other experts, rather than being in competition with them (e.g. colleagues)
- Persuade or negotiate with others by relying on technical or specialist knowledge and experience;
- Present documented material or proposals in a credible and professional manner
- 7. Share the technical implications of a situation with non-specialists, or explain it to them
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Speak English clearly and confidently i.e. must be articulate;
- Listen actively to fully understand the other person’s view or perspective;
- Tailor feedback to the specific needs and communication styles of others;
- Prepare effective presentations and where required, concisely present/communicate a complete and accurate picture of the current situation or of the company’s products and services;
- Develop and maintain two-way communication with a variety of people at different levels both within and outside the organisation;
- Suggest proposals to address vital concerns and important business issues; and
- Build a network of relevant role-players both within and outside the organization.
- Influence others to achieve the organisation’s human resources mission and goals;
- Organise the work and allocate roles and responsibilities to self and staff members;
- Provide ongoing direction to individuals/teams in terms of roles, goal setting and performance standards;
- Coach and assign/delegate tasks to develop the capabilities of others and find satisfaction in knowing the impact made on an individual’s work and career;
- Lead from a position of influence, not merely authority;
- Create and reinforce a culture of teamwork and cooperation amongst all stakeholders;
- Create a climate of sustainable motivation at work that empowers people to want to do their best;
- Provide the information and other resources needed for staff to perform their tasks well;
- Communicate results achieved on a regular basis, and realign focus and standards when needed;
- Complete face-to-face staff evaluations and written appraisals where appropriate;
- Resolve conflict between and among employees constructively and fairly;
- Manage poor performance decisively and in good time;
- Implement disciplinary procedures where necessary ensuring alignment with organisational policies & governing labour legislation.
- Use complex strategic thinking skills and incorporate conceptual, analytical and intuitive abilities;
- Disseminate and communicate the vision for the future;
- Develop clear, step-by-step Human Resource strategies aligned to the Vertical’s overall Strategic intent and timelines; and understand the organisation’s inherent strengths & weaknesses in relation to human capital;
- Understand and keep abreast of competitors’ strengths and weaknesses;
- Formulate policies and procedures to support the business;
- Plan and implement fact based changes and innovations within the business;
- Identify and verify critical information and intelligence for formulating goals;
- Set long-term objectives for the business;
- Build an appropriate image for the company and broader organisation.
Entrepreneurship and profitable growth
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow the current business and identify new business opportunities;
- Identify opportunities in clients’ businesses to promote relevant solutions in your own business;
- Determine, as soon as possible, the costs and benefits of a business proposition;
- Understand the key performance indicators/influencers driving the market (externally & internally);
- Understand and manage the market dynamics (competition, the rules of the game and regulations);
- Understand financial terms and conditions in the business process, including cash flow, discounts, credit terms, implementation costs, project funding, foreign exchange, taxation, et al:
Formulate a budget and understand and work closely to deliver that budget
Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org