The Zambia Tourism Agency (ZTA) is a Statutory Body established through an Act of Parliament No. 13 of 2015. The Act mandates the Zambia Tourism Agency to effectively market and promote Zambia as a tourism and travel destination of choice and to regulate the tourism industry.
The Zambia Tourism Agency is an Equal opportunity Employer. The institution seeks to recruit a high profile, self-motivated, innovative, honest, committed, best qualified and appropriately experienced person to fill the position of Director Licensing and Standards which will fall vacant effective 1st November, 2020. The Director shall be the head of the Licensing and Standards Department.
To manage the licensing of tourism enterprises and the development and review of Tourism and Hospitality Standards in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements and make Zambia a more competitive tourism destination.
- Manages effectively the licensing of tourism enterprises in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
- Manages periodically the development and review of minimum requirements, Tourism and Hospitality Standards in order to make Zambia a more competitive destination.
- Manages regularly the conduct of inspections of tourism enterprises in order to ensure compliance to standards and requirements.
- Manages periodically the classification and grading of accommodation establishments in order to ensure uniformity within each category, conformity to local, regional tourism standards and cater for different segments in the market.
- Manages effectively delegated role of provision of Secretariat services to the Industry Regulations Committee in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Committeels business.
- Manages regularly the conduct of tourism licensing and standards capacity building programmes to tourism enterprises in order to ensure adherence to Sta ndards.
- Ensures effectively the implementation of performance management in order to monitor, eval uate and enhance performance.
- Ensures effectively management of human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidate must score highly in the underlisted:
Interested candi dates shouId submit their applications electronically or handwritten accompanied by latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of qualifications duly certified by the Zambia Qualifications Authority, contact numbers and three traceable referees to the undersigned.
Human Resource and Administration Office
Zambia Tourism Agency
Corner Great East Road and Kalembwe Close
P. O. Box 30017
Closing date: 14th October, 2020 at 17:00 hrs.