- Company: SolarAid Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
SunnyMoney is a social enterprise, wholly owned by SolarAid, an innovative, fast-growing organization working in Malawi and Zambia which focuses on business based solutions to poverty. Our goal is to ensure that no one is left in the Dark by 2030. For all countries this means a substantial scaling up of operations. We believe that our mission is achievable by creating a genuine solar lighting market – ensuring anyone can gain access to clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy. To find out more, go to www.solar-aid.org.
Qualifications Required are full ACCA, ZICA or CIMA accreditation. Full registered member of ZICA. At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
Sales and Marketing
- Support SunnyMoney Staff in helping to increase sales across all routes to Market (Schools, Agents, and Trade)
- Making sure that your polite and helpful to all current and potential customers in the office
- Making sure quotes and invoices are sent out in a timely manner
- Going to and liaising with PACRA, ZRA, NAPSA, Workers COMP and banks as needed as point person
- Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information
- Predicting future financial trends, changes in interest rates, etc.
- Reporting to management and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses, etc.
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets, bank accounts, and cash flows
- Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk
- Managing and preparing grant documents/projects
- Fully acquainted with statutory requirements and trends (vat,napsa,paye,nhi)
- Preparing accurate financial accounts within strict deadlines for UK head office
- Overseeing the preparation of statutory returns including VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax
- Making sure that you’re up to date with statutory compliance and any changes that take place.
- Managing the year-end audit and liaising with the external auditors
- Reviewing weekly payments, including making sure that suppliers are paid on time
- Debtors – making sure customers with credit pay on time
- Implementing new financial procedures and controls to maximize efficiencies
- Support Operations Director with the yearly budget when needed
- Manage Accts Assistant
Please send a cover letter and CV, not longer than 3 pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only send CV one time. You will be contacted if shortlisted.