- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Electrical Shift Supervisor, the candidate will be responsible for assisting in establishment of preventative and responsive electrical maintenance in the mining area equipment’s, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Assist to determine critical spare parts in order to generate strategic critical list and reasonable stock level for spare parts.
- Help design, wire or re-wire electrical circuits to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Ensure that maintenance objectives are effectively communicated to optimize plant availability.
- Ensure that all Safety and substation logbooks are checked and signed according to the procedure.
- Ensure that stock levels of electrical equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct Supervisor.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate, Auto Electrical
- Zambian driving License (Valid)
- Minimum Three years’ experience in a Mining environment working as an artisan.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Experience & Skills:
- Current Zambian driving License
- Experience with Heavy Mobile Mining Equipment.
- Maintenance of transformers and AC/DC motors
- Troubleshooting skills and problem solving
- Previous PLC experience
• Teamwork and good communication skills
• Bold initiative
• Upholding quality
• Honesty and trust worthy
Closing Date : 19 Nov, 2020