- Company: Plan International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following Positions to be based at our Eastern Program Area;
COMMUNITY MOBILISATION OFFICERS X 6 – PETAUKE, LUNDAZI & KATETE (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
The Community Mobilization Officer, will be responsible for ensuring adequate community mobilization, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and girls support, counseling and guidance of vulnerable children/groups at school and in the communities. The incumbent will be responsible for following-up the GPE Zambia COVID-19 Education Sector Response project at the Schools to check progress and ensure integration of HIV and AIDS, Girls and OVC issues.
- Responsible for mobilizing the communities and facilitating Climate Change activities to ensure the objectives of the GPE Zambia COVID-19 Education Sector Response Project are achieved.
- Facilitates effective participation of children, youths and women in the community and stakeholders in program activities.
- Strengthening good working relationships with all stakeholders and holding regular meetings with these community-based structures.
- Build the capacity of School management teams, Committees and volunteers to enhance COVID-19 guidelines compliance, return of children especially girls and young people to school.
- Ensure that consent forms are signed by both parties i.e. Children, parents and guardians whenever Project activities involve children and young people.
- Coordinate Program activities and networking with the communities.
- Establish good working relations with children, young people, community leadership, and community-based organizations (CBOs), Ministry of General Education/government staff and other stakeholders at district and ward levels.
- Regular interaction with community and school structures to strengthen collaboration and ensure safe return of children especially girls to school.
- Ensure that all associates sign and adhere to Plan safeguarding Policy.
- Track the participation by gender in terms of beneficiaries on quarterly basis in line with 70% female /30% Male
- Carry out sensitization and gender awareness in the community.
- Degree in Education or Development Studies or related discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO or Government related project environment.
- Ability to ride a motor bike.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of language, cultural beliefs and values of target community.
- Report writing skills, participatory methodologies and good communication skills.
- Problem identification & Problem-solving skills.
- Team-playing and interpersonal skills.
- Facilitation skills (meetings, workshops & seminars).
- Proficiency in computer packages.
- Ability to build good relationships with various community groups.
- Ability to identifying the potential of community groups to deliver specific programs that promote the fulfillment of child rights.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 30th October, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.