- Company: Zango Lodges
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Zambia
Zango Lodge located in Lukulu, Zambia seeks to recruit the services of Chef/Lodge Manager.
The Chef/Lodge manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the lodge, day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and lodge. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of the lodge service culture, maximize operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the lodge Directors and other stake holders. Managing operational budgets, customer service, supervising maintenance, coordinating departmental tasks, and overseeing food and beverage
Responsible for managing the lodge and overall lodge targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. Chef/Lodge manager would also be required to quote for services and tenders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategies for the kitchen that support achievement of the goals of the Lodge.
- Create luxury for the senses by developing and implementing a fine restaurant experience.
- Seek out sources for fresh food; monitor all kitchen supplies for freshness.
- Research customer preferences and develop a menu that incorporates local foods and flavors in a fine dining experience.
- Tailor menu based on product availability; create distinctive daily specials that incorporate seasonal or special order ingredients.
- Coordinate service with restaurant and banquet operations.
- Create an environment for employees that is aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement.
- Inculcate professionalism and positive work culture among the employees.
- Deliver the company experience for guests.
- Create an environment at the hotel designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences provided by employees.
- Keep current on pulse of the guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience.
- Oversee the inventory, purchasing and disbursement of all supplies.
- Ensure that proper sanitation practices are followed.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Food production
- 5 years’ experience in a competitive hospitality environment.
- Previous experience/training at management level is an added advantage.
- Good team leadership skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Send Applications by 2nd November 2020 to: