- Company: The Sani Foundation Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Operations Coordinator Project Coordination – Staff/Workflow Management – Strategy Planning – Fundraising and Financial Management
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all operational support departments (Logistics, Finance, Administration and HR) for Sani Foundation to ensure and improve the performance, productivity, efficiency and sustainability of Sani Foundation operations. The manager is one of the public faces of the Foundation and needs to create and maintain a positive image of the organization. Public relations and awareness are key components of this position. The Operations Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will supervise the Finance and Amin Officer and other support staff
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Directly supervise and coordinate support departments, i.e. Logistics, Finance, Admin. and HR
- Ensure that the Sani Foundation and all its staff and stakeholders operate in accordance with Sani Foundation policies and procedures.
- In coordination with the management team, oversee the collaboration of the Sani Foundation departments to ensure a results-oriented approach.
- Develop and improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Monitor performance of systems and implement improvements.
- Liaison with top management and assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Establish a good rapport with local administrative, labour, customs, immigration, and other officials to ensure that Sani Foundation projects conform to local laws and customs and to minimize restraints on project implementation.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with other NGO’s and other development actors.
- Review financial statements and data and utilize financial data to improve sustainability.
- Prepare and control operational budgets and inventory.
- Plan effective strategies for the financial sustainability of the organization.
- Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Promote staff development through trainings, staff exchanges and innovative learning opportunities within and outside the organization
- Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
Education and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in business administration, project management, commerce, management,
- Experience in logistics, finance and administration and general coordination
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- NGO Experience is preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Resourceful, responsible and self-starting
- Financial, budgetary and excel skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft systems and packages (Windows, Office, Outlook).
- Organizational and personal time management skills.
- Can demonstrate ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence people from different back grounds and professions and those at different levels; Government, partners (UN, NGOs, CBOs, donors) from senior officials and community members.
- Analytical skills: ability to understand, analyze, summarize and share information, re packaging information for different audiences.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a quickly changing environment by applying knowledge and experience to solve unforeseen and unexpected problems.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, planning and organizing, decision-making, communication skills, persuasiveness, influencing and leading, delegation, team work, negotiation, conflict management, adaptability, stress tolerance, Flexibility, Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Reporting to: Executive Director
- Remuneration: Gross Pay ZMW5,000 – ZMW7,000
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
Interested candidate who meet the above requirements can apply by sending a CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 16th November 2020.
Application submitted via any other method will not be considered.