- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Position Title: National Fund Development Officer Reporting to: Fund Development Manager Duty Station: Lusaka
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is a non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial organization. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
Purpose of the Job
The Fund Development and Fundraising role is to pursue opportunities and raise funds from corporate entities and individuals to fund the relevant programmes, investments and costs of the Member Association to reach financial self-sufficiency in accordance with the corporate Fundraising Strategy and the Annual Business Plan. The job-older will do this by monitoring, evaluating and analyzing the actual results (vs. the targets) and the competitor activities.
1. Create contacts with corporate representatives and individuals to increase awareness of the organizational goals, activities and needs.
2. Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
3. Conduct researches to identify the goals, net-worth of corporates and individuals on the market.
4. Develop strategies and setting goals to meet fundraising targets.
5. Develop strategies to encourage new and increased contributions.
6. Writing proposals to Corporate Donors that meet donor requirements.
7. Overseeing of events and campaigns to attract donors.
8. Fundraising from big, small and medium corporate enterprises by partnership negotiations.
9. Implementing and updating the Corporate Fundraising Strategy.
10. Development of the annual CFR Business Plan, budget and the annual CFR tools (product portfolio and packages, presentations, proposals, partners` categorization, loyalty services)
11. Account management: building and developing long-term partnerships with corporate donors.
12. Corporate market and competitor monitoring and analysis.
13. Secure commitments of participations or donations from individual and corporate donors.
14. Up-date Fundraising and Individual donor data-base.
15. Establish fundraising participation goals for special events on specified times (monthly, quarterly or by-annually)
16. Attend community events, meetings or conferences to promote organizational goals or sponsorship.
17. Monitor competitors in terms of individual fundraising, the development in the market, as well as fundraising-related legal regulations (tax exemptions, merchandising, data protection, etc.) and the economic development (increase of costs, economic growth) in the country.
Qualifications & Experience:
1. Grade 12 School Certificate with a Degree in Business Administration or the equivalent.
2. An additional qualification in Marketing will be an added advantage.
3. Three (3) years’ active experience in a non-governmental & donor funded organization and preferably in a fundraising role.
Competencies and personal attributes
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Report writing skills
3. Ability to deal with different personalities and stakeholders particularly corporates
4. Excellent Interpersonal skills
5. An Out-going, articulate and self-motivated individual.
All applicants for the above positions should be Child Friendly.
To apply for any of the above positions, apply to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia
Plot # 23217 / 35,
PHI, Off Police Post Road
P.O Box 37907,
Closing date for receipt of applications is 30th November, 2020 at 17:00hours
SOS Children`s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employer but the female gender is particularly encouraged to apply.