Kariba Minerals Limited is a mining company and has long been a reliable source of high-quality Amethyst for major manufacturers of gemstone related products. The company is owned 100% by ZCCM Investment Holdings. The company’s market share is estimated at over 90% of the Amethyst originating from Zambia, and we are arguably the largest single Amethyst producer in the world. Presently, the company exports its products mainly to international markets. Worldwide, it is one of the oldest mines for semi-precious stones and one of the largest sources of quality Amethysts. Kariba mine is based in Mapatizya which is approximately 110km from Kalomo in the Southern Province.
The company is therefore inviting for applications from highly motivated, result oriented, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancy:
1. ASSISTANT WORKSHOP SUPERINTENDENT
- Assist Workshop Superintendent plan preventive maintenance of equipment and ensure a swift response to all breakdowns.
- Train equipment users in basic maintenance
- Keep all maintenance records for equipments, Genset and other support vehicles.
- Assist Workshop Superintendent ensuring that all spares and any such requirements for the department are available by making timely requisitions.
- Help control discipline and assist ensuring a health and safe working environment for all workers
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor and or management.
Qualifications, Experience & other attributes
- Member of EIZ
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Craft certificate in automotive or Diploma in Heavy Equipment Repair/Relevant field. Degree is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years work experience in maintenance of mining equipment or related field
- Computer literate and able to work under minimum supervision
- Clean Driver’s licence class C
- Easy adaptation to a new environment
Location: Mapatizya in Southern Province.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is Saturday 28th November, 2020. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org