- Company: Save the Children International – Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position : Sourcing Coordinator (1 Position)
Duty Station : Lusaka Country Office
The Sourcing Coordinator acts as a crucial component in the SCI Supply Chain team which aims to deliver quality goods and services across to beneficiaries and the Zambia Country Office. The Sourcing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating sourcing for the country office, including; Develops and maintains a Sourcing Pipeline of anticipated future Procurement demand for both development and humanitarian programmes; Runs sourcing procedures in line with the Procurement Manual to deliver identified business supply needs.
The incumbent will be reporting to; Supply Chain Specialist
Staff reporting to this post: Procurement Officer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to the development of the sourcing elements of the Procurement strategy and implement agreed sourcing approaches within the country.
- Be the country champion of the Sourcing Best Practice Initiative to ensure effective use of global resources for sourcing.
Sourcing of goods and services
- Develop the Zambia Country a rolling Sourcing Pipeline alongside the Supply Chain Specialist in Zambia.
- Liaise with stakeholders both internal and external to continually review the internal and external environments and identify opportunities to add value to our operations through effective sourcing.
- Develop sourcing approaches to meet programme supply needs based on plans, procedures and requests received.
- Plan and implement complex sourcing processes, i.e. formal quotations and tenders, to ensure optimal sourcing outcomes.
- Ensure all appropriate due diligence checks and risk assessments are carried out in line with organisational policy.
- Support supplier selection and contracting activities by undertaking market research and analysis, running tenders and setting up Contracts, Pre-Qualified Suppliers and Framework Agreements where appropriate for selected supplies for and Manage our supply base by tracking supplier performance, actively liaising with suppliers, and undertaking supplier risk management e.g. vetting.
- Make suppliers aware of Save the Children values, policies and procedures and their need to comply as part of agreements.
Team Management and Capacity Building
- Conduct performance reviews and build capacity of the Procurement Officer and Procurement Assistants, ensuring clear work plans are in place and that personal objectives are established with regular feedback and support provided.
- Produce management information reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including data analysis and recommendations on improving the efficiency of sourcing services.
- Support the Supply Chain Specialist in monitoring the Procurement function performance against KPIs and targets, developing and implementing the necessary corrective actions for sourcing activities to improve performance.
- Ensuring all financial benefits from sourcing are documented
- Promote and ensure compliance to our Procurement Policy, Procedures and quality standards.
- Implement and ensure compliance to our Procurement Policy, Procurement Manual and established Procurement Procedures.
- Set a strong tone from the top that fraud is unacceptable
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing or <Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent Experience.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience working in Procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing complex sourcing processes and supplier relationships
- Solid knowledge and experience of planning and implementing sourcing activity and processes
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Familiarity with the local and regional supplier markets.
- Experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Supply Chain, Construction, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Property etc.). Knowledge of NGO/ Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity.
- Competency in reporting, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports.
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments.
- High level of computer literacy. Especially excellent MS Excel/Word skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Level 2 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have minimal contact with or access to children or young people.
Closing Date : 23 Dec, 2020