- Company: USAID DISCOVER – Health Project
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Position Title : Administrative Assistant
Position Type : Full Time
Location : Lusaka HQ
Reports to : Administration Manager
The Administrative Assistant will execute USAID DISCOVER-Health administrative functions including assisting with project logistics, procurement of supplies, organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements, performing clerical tasks and maintaining clear and detailed records as needed to assist the USAID DISCOVER-Health project and staff to operate efficiently and effectively. Further, the Administrative Assistant will from time to time be required to manage the office of the Administrative Manager including; handling incoming calls, visitor welcoming and any other tasks assigned by the Administrative Manager.
- Providing Logistics/Administrative support, booking of hotel venues, accommodation for meetings and workshops and prepare/organize meeting and workshop materials.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate up-to-date stock records and implementing strict stock control system for all USAID DISCOVER-Health inventory including office supplies, stationery & consumables and ensure that procurement requests for replenishments are made in a timely manner.
Assist in obtaining quotations, compiling and analysing cost information and data to assist in the selection of vendors including preferred vendors for stationary, supplies, services, and hotels and update information periodically.
- Maintain database of preferred hotels, lodges and venues obtaining feedback from project staff to keep information current and updated. Circulate to staff periodically.
- Arrange and prepare documents and supervise the photocopying and printing of materials for the project as required.
- Facilitate International travel arrangements for USAID DISCOVER-Health staff as required
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date directory of USAID DISCOVER-Health staff and partner contact information.
- Assist with fleet management including daily despatch
- Management of courier services and maintenance of records for invoice process
- Project phone management of all staff lines
- Responsible for taking staff minutes at all staff meetings
- Assist in maintaining a filing system for all Project administrative and technical files for the project.
- Tracking and ensuring that all hotel invoices related to the project are settled on time
- Assist where required with site assessments and general site maintenance
- Supervise the Office Assistants and maintenance of other support members.
- Minimum qualification required is a diploma in Business Administration or office management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar office administrative position.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills required: including excellent word processing skills and experience with MS Word. Experience with Excel spreadsheets also preferred.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork, and supervisory skills
- Good writing and organizational skills.
- Exhibit friendly and helpful demeanour at all times given the high level of interaction with partners and clients.
Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Friday, December 4th 2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org