- Company: Dangote Cement Zambia Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
1. Registered Nurse
- To provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients.
- Provide nursing and First Aid Care to all employees at the company First Aid Centre.
- Respond to all emergencies and other health related matters as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Observing and recording patients’ behavior, provide emotional and psychological support to the patients.
- Maintaining reports of patients’ medical histories, and monitoring changes in their condition.
- Providing necessary guidance on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Transfer of critically ill and injured employees to referred hospitals.
- Facilitate Medical check-ups for all employees at Occupation Health Management Board in Kitwe and at Ndola Teaching Hospital
- Assist conduct company pre-employment medicals as instructed for newly recruited staff members.
- Ensure Medical/Legal compliance is well followed and adhered to at all times.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Three (3) to Five (5) Years work Experience, with at least two (2) years in a busy private company.
- Mine clinic work experience will an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to medical field.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and practical skills in providing nursing care and First Aid.
- Strong personality.
- Good communication skills.
- Very good people management and networking skills.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to Recruit.Zambia@DANGOTE.COM
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Closing date for receiving applications is 4th December, 2020. Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Registered Nurse”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.