- Company: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 34 projects in 19 countries and total revenues of approximately $128 million.
ACDI/VOCA is currently implementing a five-year program entitled “Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced (EDGE) Activity” in Zambia funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The aim of the Zambia EDGE Activity is to increase the profitability for agricultural small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by addressing their key investment constraints on access to finance, limited business management skills and technology, and access to markets, thereby increasing SMEs’ productivity and ability to create new jobs in Zambia.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the HR/Admin Assistant position. The Human Resource/Administrative Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources and administrative practices and objectives in the program. The employee supports the HR/Operations Manager in managing the full employee life cycle, from the recruitment and induction, all the way to the end of the contract. He/she also provides administrative support to ensure efficient operations in the office. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Assists with placement of adverts for facilitating recruitment.
- Responsible for contacting shortlisted candidates and arranging for interviews.
- Assists with background check for selected candidates and mails out the candidate offer letter package as requested and tracks return.
- Maintains HR records through a documented filing system based on “easy to retrieve” principle.
- Responsible for updating and management of personnel records in GEMS, Ultipro and other internal systems.
- Manages the employee orientation by compiling the “new hire” onboarding materials and schedules essential meetings with staff.
- Responsible for updating HR/ Operations filling in ACDI/VOCA SharePoint and ensures all folders are up to date.
- Assists with VISA and Work Permit applications and renewals.
- Coordinates and is responsible for updating the leave tracker, probationary reviews and Annual appraisals by engaging project staff on the due dates.
- Facilities sign off on all HR forms by both supervises and supervisors.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Develop and maintain a filing system/ Maintain computer and manual filing systems.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Prepare and monitor invoices.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Cover the reception desk when required.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate office procedures.
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail.
- Performs other support functions as directed by the supervisor and/or the COP.
- Higher Diploma in HR Management, Public Administration or equivalent.
- Experience working in NGO ‘s, preferably with International Development Organizations in Zambia, is an added advantage.
- Minimum two years working experience in Human Resources and Administration support function.
- General knowledge of various Zambia employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must be proficient with GEMS, Ultipro, and other internal HRMIS.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
Please submit a resume to ZambiaRecruitment@acdivoca.org no later than January 20, 2021. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone or email. Only shortlisted candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.