- Company: NMS Infrastructure Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
NMSI Limited, has been awarded a contract to design and build 108 Mini-hospitals and 3, 200-bed district hospitals across Zambia. This is as part of the Government’s 2030 Goals to improve health care across all sectors.
The Drivers principal duties will include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages and perform routine checks on the vehicle.
The role is full time, currently based at NMSI Zambia Offices in New Kasama, Lusaka
Job Title: Driver
Reports to: The Business Administrator / Office Manager
Based at: NMSI Offices, Lusaka, Zambia
- Dropping and picking up of mail, office purchases and other administrative needs
- Safely transporting company staff, visitors and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of staff luggage, products and materials
- To drive staff members and visitors out of town when requested to do so.
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction
- Interacting with staff and visitors in a professional conduct
- Working over the weekends when requested to so do.
- Maintaining an organised travel schedule
- Ensuring that vehicles have sufficient fuel and always ready for use.
- Arranging for vehicle repairs when necessary
- Promptly informing the company of any tickets issued against the company vehicle during working hours.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing or penalty fees.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning and vehicle maintenance.
- Full grade Twelve certificate
- Worked for an NGO or International Organisation
- Ability to drive cars, buses, and Trucks if necessary.
- Experience in long distance driving
- Extensive knowledge of local and national roads and routes
- Valid Manual driving license
- Clean record
- Certificate in defensive driving
- More than 5 years driving experience.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
Candidate Characteristics – The successful applicant will be;
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work with others and willing to take on new challenges.
- Helpful to all staff always
- Well-mannered and polite
Qualified persons should apply by sending their application letter, school certificates and curriculum vitae with traceable references to: email@example.com by close of day on the 22nd January 2020.
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted