- Company: Young Women’s Christian Association
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) Zambia is a Christian, Membership, Non-partisan, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights- based approaches and sustainable interventions. The organisation’s works aims at contributing towards the implementation of National plans and policies such as the Seventh National Development Plan, National AIDS Strategic Framework, vision 2030 etc. and also the World YWCA Vision which states that “By 2035, 100 million young women and girls transform power structures to create justice, gender equality and a world without violence and war; leading a sustainable YWCA movement, inclusive of all women.”
YWCA with funding support from Project Concern Zambia (PCZ) will be implementing the USAID Empowered Youth Program II (EYP II). The overall goal of the project is to mitigate the impact of HIV and improve the health and wellbeing of Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (VCA) through the deliver of high-impact, evidence-informed, and age-appropriate interventions customized for each VCA sub-population using a family-centered approach .The EYP II innovative approach is aimed at improving resilience and health outcomes among vulnerable children and adolescents (VCA) via a sustained, locally-led response to comprehensive VCA service delivery at the household, community and facility level in Southern and Central Provinces. The project will be implemented in 14 districts as follows; Chibombo, Chisamba, Kabwe, Kapiri-Mposhi, Mkushi and Mumbwa in Central Province as well as Chikankata, Choma, Kalomo, Livingstone, Mazabuka, Monze, Namwala and Sinazongwe in southern province.
The YWCA seeks to employ qualified staff in the following positions;
DRIVERS X 2
The Driver is responsible for providing logistical support to the Project Team and other staff to enable effective implementation of Project activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for collection and delivery of project documents and materials as well as any other messenger duties to enable the smooth flow of work.
- Transporting of Project staff and materials to the field and other places to ensure the smooth flow of operations and ensuring safety of staff.
- Responsible for vehicle management and maintenance of the vehicle log book as per the set instructions.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Valid and clean Driver’s license at least class C.
- Motor vehicle mechanic certificate or equivalent.
- 2 – 3 years in similar capacity.
- Embrace Community participation and partnership
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self-management and personal accountability
- Working knowledge of English and the common national language.
- Seasoned Driver, willing and able to work long hours regularly (including some weekends and holidays).
- Be able to work in a team
- Vehicle Cleaning and minor service repairs and as well as urgent breakdown repairs
- Time management
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter with a detailed CV (Maximum 2 pages) only which should include a daytime contact number and three (03) recent reachable referees to the following:
The Executive Director
Plot # 7391, Nationalist Road (opposite UTH)
P. O. Box 50115, Lusaka, Zambia
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th January, 2021 at close of business.