- Company: Zambia Gold Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Gold Company Limited (Zambia Gold) was incorporated on 10 January 2020. Zambia Gold (the ‘Company’) is co-owned by ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc with a 51% stake and the Ministry of Finance owning the remaining 49% stake. Zambia Gold is mandated to lead the development of the gold sector in Zambia by undertaking commercial activities for the benefit of all stakeholders. In order to achieve this mandate, Zambia Gold Company will broadly undertake the following activities:
- Acquire exploration licences and carry out mineral exploration with a focus on gold (either directly or in partnership with other entities)
- Develop and operate mines for gold and other precious minerals
- Refining, grading, producing, cutting and processing of gold and other precious minerals
- Buying and selling of gold and other minerals
- Support artisanal mining operations and transforming these into commercially viable activities
- Pursue value addition opportunities in the precious metals sector
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are innovative, energetic and performance-driven to fill the following positions:
Employee Relations Officer X 1
Location: Kasenseli Gold Project-Mwinilunga
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to : Head Human Resources
To provide an effective personnel advisory service at the Project site thereby promoting Industrial relations and to interpret and ensure uniform application of the Company’s Human Resources policies and procedures to create and maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to high productivity.
a. Offer advice or interpretation of issues relating to employment contracts and legislation.
b. Maintain knowledge of current industrial legislation and any changes in labour laws.
c. Represent the organization before industrial tribunals and develop information for staff to ensure that the workforce is aware of company policies.
d. Act as a go-between for Management and Employees, striving to maintain a productive harmonious workplace and minimizing disputes.
e. Attend to hearings, grievances, and any appeals to cases.
f. Advise management on Industrial Relations matters that affect or may affect the operations of the organization.
h. Compile and circulate monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports on industrial relations.
Qualifications and experience
a) Professional Qualification:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or any social science;
- Professional qualifications in Industrial Relations Management will be an added advantage;
- Member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
b) Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Working experience in the Mining sector will be an added advantage.
c) Skill Specifications:
- Problem solving and presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
d) Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
e) Valid driver’s license
Zambia Gold Company Limited provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, or religion.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Kudu Road, Kabulonga